Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I experienced a perfect storm of bugs (Im running 6.28 on a newish Karma)

- Graphic glitches (colored snow) on several screens, especially around the buttons.

- All my radio presets were gone! Reprogramming them took quite some time. This is the first time either on 6.15 or 6.28 that I've ever lost my presets.

- Bluetooth audio controls did not work again.

- Address book "downloading in progress" forever.

- In stealth mode the car drained the battery till 43 or 42 mi, then fired up the ICE and refused to run on electricity alone the rest of the drive (another 15 miles or so). I ran the ICE just yesterday for about 1 mile / 5 minutes, and for about 10 miles three days before that, so I didn't think it was the emission testing forcing the ICE on. Switching to sport mode and back to stealth mode did not fix the problem. Predictably, my mileage plummeted :(

I was in a real rush this morning so I started the car in ready mode instead of ACC mode. That could have contributed to the problem, BUT:

1) I've started the car in ready mode before without any apparent bugs, and

2) We really shouldn't have to go through a long and someone mysterious ritual just to start our cars without significant bugs.

It looks like Fisker still needs to work on software improvements for the MY2012 Karma.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
drliu said:
This morning I experienced a perfect storm of bugs (Im running 6.28 on a newish Karma)

- Graphic glitches (colored snow) on several screens, especially around the buttons.

- All my radio presets were gone! Reprogramming them took quite some time. This is the first time either on 6.15 or 6.28 that I've ever lost my presets.

- Bluetooth audio controls did not work again.

- Address book "downloading in progress" forever.

- In stealth mode the car drained the battery till 43 or 42 mi, then fired up the ICE and refused to run on electricity alone the rest of the drive (another 15 miles or so). I ran the ICE just yesterday for about 1 mile / 5 minutes, and for about 10 miles three days before that, so I didn't think it was the emission testing forcing the ICE on. Switching to sport mode and back to stealth mode did not fix the problem. Predictably, my mileage plummeted :(

I was in a real rush this morning so I started the car in ready mode instead of ACC mode. That could have contributed to the problem, BUT:

1) I've started the car in ready mode before without any apparent bugs, and

2) We really shouldn't have to go through a long and someone mysterious ritual just to start our cars without significant bugs.

It looks like Fisker still needs to work on software improvements for the MY2012 Karma.
I had 6.28 installed a little over a week ago and it has been flawless. You may want to talk to your dealer and have it re-installed. I start the car in ready mode with no issues. The start up sequence is much faster, no more hitting "accept" twice, no graphics issues, etc... All in all a great update.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Mine has been great too. Only glitch I still have is with the fan not shutting off during charging unless I let the car go to sleep before plugging in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ejo and marcus. Would you mind posting a photo of your software version screen? Instructions from Nimisys:

Press and hold the system button for about ten seconds and release to access it. this example shows 614.2 has been installed. It is used th check the software version

Thank you!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
286 Posts
It must be the INSTALLER not the software. Just didn't take it and they gave you your car back.
I never ever had any issues with my FISKER even with 6.15 and now 6.28
Knock on Wood LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOJO said:
It must be the INSTALLER not the software. Just didn't take it and they gave you your car back.
I never ever had any issues with my FISKER even with 6.15 and now 6.28
Knock on Wood LOL
It's not that my Karma didn't "get" 6.28-- the digital speedo in stealth mode tells me that at least some part of the update took. That's why I'm hoping to compare software version screens with those who have 6.28 to see if one or more modules might not have been updated.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,063 Posts
No issues here with any of the cars I've installed 628 into .Just a note 628 doesn't do any updates too the CIU only the touch screen . Shouldn't of lost the radio presets unless for some reason they did a hard and or battery reset . Also I still would recommend letting the car go to sleep before plugging the charger in .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
I spoke too soon... This AM I had an incomplete charge, CEL and traction control light.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After a small but interesting set of data points, I think I have an emerging correlation:

- Under 6.28, the probability of bugs is far higher when I start the car charging before it shuts down completely (as usual, Harleyguy nailed it).

- Under 6.15, I never dared charge it before it shut down, thus I didn't see half of the problems I experienced with 6.28.

It would be interesting to hear if other owners with 6.28 find a difference in bugginess the morning after a shut-down-first charge versus a no-shut-down-first charge.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
556 Posts
drliu said:
It would be interesting to hear if other owners with 6.28 find a difference in bugginess the morning after a shut-down-first charge versus a no-shut-down-first charge.
I do not wait for my Karma to go to sleep, nor for the fans to stop running before charging. So far, no related problems since 6.28.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
I don't wait for shutdown before charging, and the only bugs I've had don't seem to be at all related to charging:
- car stuck in P if I rush the startup (happened twice, soft reset fixed it)
- dashboard/speedo has reset while driving a couple of times, the reset takes about 1-2 seconds
- sometimes the controls to adjust the fan speed vanishes. Turning off then on again climate control fixes this.
- USB connection to an iPhone 4S is terrible - it plays different tracks than the one selected (if playing a playlist and tapping individual songs or using the steering wheel controls to advance to next song).
- BT carkit connection to my iPhone 4S is bad - the car easily gets out of sync, thinks that it is on a call when the phone has terminated the call, sometimes the audio is not switched...
- in FM audio mode, if I start the car with preset 2 of group 1 playing, then use the steering wheel controls to go to the previous station, it goes to the last (for me unprogrammed) station in group 3. I need to advance forward to get to the first preprogrammed station in group 1.
- there are a couple more, can't remember them right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To be clear, all the bugs I see (other than the fans running constantly) if I plug in before the car shuts down are unrelated to charging per se. It's as if the car's software or software execution occasionally gets corrupted when the charging starts while the car is awake (conditions that used to trigger a check engine light).

siliconkiwi said:
I don't wait for shutdown before charging, and the only bugs I've had don't seem to be at all related to charging:
- car stuck in P if I rush the startup (happened twice, soft reset fixed it)
- dashboard/speedo has reset while driving a couple of times, the reset takes about 1-2 seconds
- sometimes the controls to adjust the fan speed vanishes. Turning off then on again climate control fixes this.
- USB connection to an iPhone 4S is terrible - it plays different tracks than the one selected (if playing a playlist and tapping individual songs or using the steering wheel controls to advance to next song).
- BT carkit connection to my iPhone 4S is bad - the car easily gets out of sync, thinks that it is on a call when the phone has terminated the call, sometimes the audio is not switched...
- in FM audio mode, if I start the car with preset 2 of group 1 playing, then use the steering wheel controls to go to the previous station, it goes to the last (for me unprogrammed) station in group 3. I need to advance forward to get to the first preprogrammed station in group 1.
- there are a couple more, can't remember them right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
I am having issues with my 6.28 as well. I am thinking of running it back to the dealer to reload 6.28. I'm getting the snow on the screen, my radio screen does not load all the time and I still have my temp controls grayed out on occasion. Very buggy. Not happy! :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My dealer verified that all updates were correctly installed. In my case the bugs I originally posted about have decreased in frequency, probably because I'm careful to allow the car to shut down before charging. I still get the occasional "Bluetooth audio controls don't respond" bug, which is still annoying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
I never wait for the car te shut down. But I do wait for the fan to go off.
No problems. Still on 6.15
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Almost bug free on 6.28 One episode of BT phone not working and still some echoing. Otherwise much better experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
i'd love some help. I just had 6.28 installed on the 22nd. My Dealer has only a few Fiskers -- like maybe 3, so I worry that maybe everything wasn't done exactly right because I seem to have some glitches. I like the speedo, and assume that if this is showing in stealth, the install worked... but...

1. On the drive back, in stealth, the command center was completely frozen.
2. Snow on screen last night... not sure whether this indicates deeper problems.
3. BT & USB on my iphone don't work as well to play music -- if the song starts to play from bluetooth, then I plug it in to the USB, the USB does not produce any sound. (kind of weird, it didn't do this before).
4. Runaway volume is more prevalent than before 6.28
5. in hill mode, the front parking sensor are not working (I thought this was one of the 6.28 changes).

Also, in terms of the pause in acceleration around 40mph, the dealer said it was "normal" in stealth... but I am not satisfied with that answer given a few have said they have no pause in acceleration, and maybe it is an inverter issue (any suggestions of what to say to the dealer).

PS: The note I got said they first installed 6.14, which seems odd, because I had 6.15.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
No wait to sleep....no problems

I NEVER wait to plug in vehicle....just exit car and plug it in...I have experienced no bugs whatsoever in the 2 months since the upgrade.

Buck
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
166 Posts
Thankfully with 628 my car has been perfect. No glitches whatsoever. My dealer (and Wojo's) is really meticulous in testing and follow up for issues. This could be the difference.

As far as all the comments about the fans running...I found if I shut the climate control to "OFF" just before I pull into my garage the fans never keep running after shutdown. I plug in the charger w/o waiting for the car to sleep and I have not had any issues.

Tomorrow I get my fan's switched out per the recall...I'll let you know how that goes!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
RE: No wait to sleep....no problems

DNAGuy said:
I NEVER wait to plug in vehicle....just exit car and plug it in...I have experienced no bugs whatsoever in the 2 months since the upgrade.

Buck
Is your charger instant-on or do you have a programmable one? My charging cycle does not start for several hours after I plug my car in so there is no reason to wait.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top