Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there Fisker owner,

even after having Ferrari`s, a Quattroporte, Bentley Continental, AMG SL, BMW`s (still have the X5) the Karma always was on my radar. For many reasons but lately even more because a new car needs to be added to the Garage. So I'm looking, researching and to be honest I never spend so much time researching a car like I did with the Karma.

There are haters, lovers, passionate views. The battery sucks, the range is to short, the CIU UI is designed by ...., car doesnt have 403 hp, it drives like no other, looks like no other, feels like no other, no more gas. FA managment are are crooks selling us a prototype car. The blog covers it all.

Sounds like falling in love with a prostitute that has a pimp from ****.

So, deep inside there is a reason why you keep the car and spend quite some time on this forum.

Would love to hear it because I still want one.

-Hans

·
Early Adopter
1,256 Posts
Why does one want a painting? Because its art - that's the Karma , art in motion!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Nin ja and Michael said it: the car is a work of art. Art that you can drive, that takes you from point A to point B in style and comfort. That's worth a lot of minor annoyances. :D

(Incidentally, if the car had no quirks and flaws, it might also lose something. Some of the nicer Lexus vehicles are essentially perfect, yet completely lacking in personality, somehow. I don't know if "perfect" is really inextricably linked to "sterile", but it sure seems to work out that way a lot.)

·
320 Posts
Hi there Fisker owner,

even after having Ferrari`s, a Quattroporte, Bentley Continental, AMG SL, BMW`s (still have the X5) the Karma always was on my radar. For many reasons but lately even more because a new car needs to be added to the Garage. So I'm looking, researching and to be honest I never spend so much time researching a car like I did with the Karma.

There are haters, lovers, passionate views. The battery sucks, the range is to short, the CIU UI is designed by ...., car doesnt have 403 hp, it drives like no other, looks like no other, feels like no other, no more gas. FA managment are are crooks selling us a prototype car. The blog covers it all.

Sounds like falling in love with a prostitute that has a pimp from ****.

So, deep inside there is a reason why you keep the car and spend quite some time on this forum.

Would love to hear it because I still want one.

-Hans
The same reason why a man would select a sexy and beautiful, but high maintenance woman...over the plain, but easy going one...PASSION :heart:

·
Registered
243 Posts
the harder the chase the better the reward. it has a unique personality and if you know how to treat her, she responds quite well. If you cannot appreciate the beauty and understand the minor personality flaws, she will eat you alive...It is and will remain the most unique car on the road for quite some time, if only because of Clusterf--- that FA has become. Bentley, Ferrari, Lambo- hundreds everywhere- boring , heck there are dozens of everyone of those cars within 2 blocks of me BUT not one other Karma and when the Lambo pulls along side and rolls down his window to talk about my car, it is great to watch him go 60 mph in his 250 mph rocketship while I pull into the carpool lane and silently float down the freeway leaving him miles behind stuck in traffic....awesome

·
Registered
859 Posts
Talking about "prostitutes and pimps" in the same breath as the Karma is actually offensive and I almost didn't respond to your question. But you seem seriously interested and perhaps just need a little encouragement to take the next step.

Like the others have been saying, the issue is about love, passion and a long-term relationship . . . not banal sex.

I'd recommend that you go over to the full-service dealership in Palo Alto (or Marin) and ask them for a test drive. After that, they'll probably allow you take a demo home. Maybe it will be a one-night stand. But more likely it will become a love affair.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree with the work of art and supermodel analogies. The car just feels special compared to other cars that I have driven. I have been very happy with my Karma. Even if the company does not survive, I will do all that I can to keep my car on the road through Lormax or Harleyguy, or Hybrid Solutions if necessary. I am now hearing positive rumors about Fisker's future, and hopefully they are true.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
For me the Karma is the perfect 4 door sedan. I needed 4 seats and I thought at $100K this car had everything I wished for. Stunning looks, functional back seats, 4 doors and plug in technology without range anxiety. There weren't anything on the market or in the pipeline that piqued my interest like the Karma. So, I waited patiently for 4 years and have now been an owner for 20 months. The car is everything I wished for and more. I buy around 8 gallons of gas a quarter and do all my daily driving in stealth. The car was great from day one and every time we received updates was exciting to me. It was always an improvement. The car has only left me stranded one time and that resulted in new motors and RDM (at 7K miles). Definitely the most beautiful and fun sedan I have ever owned and probably will ever own. It's been a wild entertaining ride for the last 5.5 years. Not much has kept me interested for that long, but the Fisker Karma has.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry if my "Prostitute and Pimps" comment was offensive. After reading all of the negative comments I could not come up with are more elegant conclusion. Did not try to be offensive at all. So, sorry.

My Bentley was the perfect car. It was just awesome to drive and never broke down but now is literally the VW in Tiburon and "someone" totaled it (not a family member) dumping a burning roof on it.

The Ferrari was a bag of screws and pending on day and temperature was a different car every time I drove it. Best part was the engine and that was a check-engine light disco. And the mark-up on parts was an insult to my intelligence.

The Maserati was the best Ferrari I ever had, but to small for a 6 foot 7 guy.

The SL... well all the good Daimler Engineers apparently moved to Munich and started to work for BMW..

because after 110.000 miles my X5 never went to the repair shop once and is going strong like the first day I got it new.

I can't do the Tesla even with the nice CIU because my rear hurt just sitting in it in the showroom.

Prius... Over my dead body am I going to drive a car designed by a five year old.

I test drove the Karma from the Marin Dealership. And may end-up getting one from there. They don't have the color combo I like 8( (Shadow/Monsoon). It fitted like a glove and experiencing seamless acceleration is quite something (it's not like the Bentley, but where can you go fast these days in CA?). The lines are stunning and going perhaps off the gas and semi off the grid (planning to get solar) is a fascinating thought.

I guess I'm sold already and may pull the trigger even with all the problems (which are nothing compared to owing a Ferrari). I just wanted to get a reflection of why you opted for one.
And if I only made all the folks who have one, remind themselves why... no harm done, right?

Enjoy your Karma this weekend.

Hans

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@LonePalmBJ

Nice, Thanks!

·
Registered
243 Posts
How about a passionate bunch(us) who answers your questions promptly, tells it like it is and, since we are all in this together at this stage....you are never alone despite FAs current disappearing act. I have seen more support on this site from owners, people like Lormax and Harleyguy than I have from any dealer of any brand Aside from a free loaner, you won't get much better info/service than those that frequent this site!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Hans.

We are looking forward to having you join one of the most exclusive car club in the world!

·
Owner #1926
113 Posts
here! here!

Passion. Love and admiration for one of man's great creations. Any fool can put a big motor in a sleek car. But Henrik Fisker did more.

Its not only a beautiful car. Its not only a green car. Its the most beautiful, green car on the road, it makes your heart sing, in silent stealthy swift style.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
  • I drive a Karma because I it makes me happy when I hit the unlock button that it is the Karma smiling and blinking at me, instead of the other cars parked around it.
  • And because when I get in to drive off, I am completely comfortable and the interior of the car is soothing.
  • And because when I'm stuck in traffic, I'm completely relaxed and comfortable
  • And because although I consider it a 4 door sedan, my teenage sons and their friends think it is the most sporty car on their school parking lot. (That lot has both Tesla models, Maserati, Lambo, Lexus, you name it.)
  • And because I think it possible that the techs on the forum are probably a better bet than most regular dealership techies for similarly cool cars - if I have a problem, which I don't.
  • And lastly, because I don't like visiting the gas station.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts