Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like my A/C compressor was not too keen on the temperatures here in Dubai and needs to be replaced. I was told that the compressor unit is actually a General Motors part (as many other parts too).

Would anybody happen to have a part number or at least an idea in which GM car this A/C compressor unit was also used? It is summer in Dubai and driving without A/C is a bit of a pain...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I dont believe its a GM part since the compressor works off the High Voltage system. Are you sure it's a defective compressor and not the engine cooling fan failing.I've never replaced a AC compressor and I live in South Florida i know it doesn't get as hot here but still gets pretty hot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your response. I actually went again to the local Fisker dealer here in Dubai and was shown the part. It has been manufactured by Denso and does actually have a GM logo and part number on it (20812676 / Fisker part number C131130102001), although admittedly I did not yet manage to actually find the compressor with that part number.

And yes, the mechanic told me that there appears to be a leak either at the compressor unit itself or right next to it. I am no mechanic, so I have to trust his guidance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Hard to say then what car it might be used on then . You will have to figure out what GM car uses this type of compressor and hope it matches .
Why not buy a new one from Fisker and the dealer can put a claim into Fisker and cover the repair under warranty.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Whoa. Those of us in hot climates need to know whenever you resolve this, Philly. If my A/C goes out, my car is not usable for 7 months of the year. Please keep us informed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you both. I contacted friends at GM in order to find out which car this mysterious part number belongs to. Somebody has got to know!

Anyway, I apparently also need a high and a low pressure hose (C131130601003 / C131130604003). Adam, any chance I could buy them off you when I am in Miami end of September? It looks like I need more parts than expected and it also becomes apparent that I should not really be driving the Fisker during the summer months here. It seems to really take its toll on the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JCMorrill, I will put a post here once I know which GM vehicle the compressor is from, so you can source the part there if Fisker cannot deliver.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I know that Karmas that were shipped to Dubai had to be modified by Fisker for driving in the hotter weather . The cooling systems and the AC systems wonder if that's why you are having problems it wasn't updated

·
Registered
829 Posts
Just to be clear. Mine's working just fine for now. I just want to know that if it becomes "unfine", I don't have an unsolvable problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This may well be. Mine is definitely US specs.

The vehicles destined for Dubai were certainly re-VINed, albeit rather randomly (sometimes higher Middle East VIN at a car that was produced earlier than the car with a lower Middle East VIN), but I am still not sure if some serious re-engineering was undertaken for the comparatively small amount of cars (50 to 80 maybe) that were sent here. Anyway, just guessing here...

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
This may well be. Mine is definitely US specs.

The vehicles destined for Dubai were certainly re-VINed, albeit rather randomly (sometimes higher Middle East VIN at a car that was produced earlier than the car with a lower Middle East VIN), but I am still not sure if some serious re-engineering was undertaken for the comparatively small amount of cars (50 to 80 maybe) that were sent here. Anyway, just guessing here...
I know for sure the cars headed to Dubai had some AC components changed and other modifications done for better cooling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks a lot AlJOHN! That really helped. It looks liked there are quite a few similar parts though, and the correct part seems to be Denso ES34C 042200-0163 (http://951788.kakapart.com/products/1676160.html). I am still puzzled why it is so difficult to track down this part though. GM parts Dealers cannot find any part with that number (still waiting for a response from GM itself though). Even Denso seems to find it difficult locating their own part! I should have a response from them on Monday. Thanks again for your help!

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
You may want to send an inquiry to the manufacturer in China. Guangzhou Guihong Automotive. There is s form on their website.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I also have asked Fiskers parts support to look into why they don't have stock on the compressor . I replaced a compressor one time but Fisker doesn't show they ever replaced any. Might be a part number fault on Fiskers side

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Cadillac Escalade, Chevy tahoe. Likely the hybrid version of the tahoe if I had to guess. I remember it utilizing idle stop feature so this compressor would make sense. Plus the hydro brakes are based on tahoe hybrid as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts