Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disagree

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its quite funny how everything is different then all other cars... Lets dedicate this thread to Brian...

1) compare the side mirror adjustment.. on most cars pressing it forward is up back is down, etc.. on the karma up towards the sky is up, toward the ground is down, etc..

2) up is down on the nav as many have pointed out

3) opening the trunk is a double tap vs holding the button signals emergency, on cadillac pressing and holding the button opens the trunk, on mercedes pressing and holding the button opens the trunk..

4) normal cars the left paddle downshifts the right paddle upshifts.. so the left paddle should be hill mode which is like down shifting, right paddle should be up to give the car more power..

5) press Check Mark for every function on the Nav, press agree every time I start the car.

We all know these are easy design fixes but Fisker fails to admit that their design was incorrect..

When designing anything you should view the 'normal' and build. If Chrysler, Mercedes, and Honda, are doing it why not follow suit.. form and function..

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
WreckedKarma said:
Its quite funny how everything is different then all other cars... Lets dedicate this thread to Brian...

We all know these are easy design fixes but Fisker fails to admit that their design was incorrect..

When designing anything you should view the 'normal' and build. If Chrysler, Mercedes, and Honda, are doing it why not follow suit.. form and function..
I agree that some of the design decisions were not intuitive and could have been better thought out, but I had to vote "disagree" because of your conclusion. Following the crowd just gets you where everyone else is. That's not how innovation works.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I disagree also. No one has been more stubborn than Porsche in adopting what others consider "normal" the most glaring example being the position of the ignition key. Look how well they're doing. Different isn't always better but often it's refreshing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The differences with convention don't bother me, unless the decision chosen by Fisker makes no sense. The up/down scrolling is a matter of whether or not you consider the item to me moving, or the "page" it sits on. Apple recently went through the same pains with its latest OS X in which it decided to change scrolling so up/down became down/up. Took only a week or for the brain to undo and re-learn 20 years of Mac scrolling convention.

The thing on your list that bothers me the most is the AGREE button. Fisker said something about legal issues forcing it to display that disclaimer, but at least several other cars have similar command centers and don't require me to press agree (usually TWICE unless I'm incredibly patient) before doing anything with the car, and these other cars don't appear to be illegal or to be putting their car companies at unacceptable legal risk.

·
Registered
913 Posts
drliu said:
The thing on your list that bothers me the most is the AGREE button. Fisker said something about legal issues forcing it to display that disclaimer, but at least several other cars have similar command centers and don't require me to press agree ...
I had a rental (years ago) that forced me to press an "agree" button. Modern versions of that vehicle, no longer have the button (but still have the screen).

It basically boils down to how you ask the lawyers. As the old joke goes, when screening an accountant, you should hire the one who, when asked what 2 plus 2 is, responds with: "what do you want it to be?" :D If you ask the lawyers "what's the safe route" they'll go with the "agree" button. If you ask them "how can I get away without one" they'll come up with a way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts