#685 Maryland

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  PowerSource 
#1 ·
There is a sticker on my engine stating:
Fisker Automotive, Inc.
Campaign No: 520120016
Retailer code: 50014
Repair Date: 9/19/12

does anyone have information on what the campaign was?

#2 ·
I should have googled this before posting. Here is the link
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM425398/RCDNN-12V413-6800.pdf

It deals with the fan motors:
Fisker will remove two potentially affected low temperature cooling fans and replace them with one improved low temperature cooling fan. A resistive cap will also be installed. In addition, a 20-amp fuse will be added in-line for improved circuit protection.

8. Reimbursement Program

All of the subject vehicles are within the Fisker Limited New Vehicle Warranty period. Accordingly, pursuant to 49 C.F.R. 577.11(e), Fisker requests that it be exempt from the pre-notification remedy reimbursement requirements.

#3 ·
Exactly why you should buy a certified Karma.......preferably with a warranty through Karma Automotive.

There are no funds from Fisker to complete the recalls that some Karma's did not have completed. If your Karma needs anything, and it did not go through the certification process and warranty offered through Karma Automotive ~ any recalls needed will be at your expense.

#4 ·
They are legally obligated to fix the car if it does not have the fan recall that was part of the FA bk.

Some issues with buying a pre owned car "backed" by Karma- it is only as good as the "CSP" backing it... Karma themselves are scammers who have defrauded many customers with their newest updates and the battery packs that have had to be replaced. We have had to replace several of these packs- with our packs from fedup owners; but that is out of necessity vs "warrantable action" or failed warranties from CSP's that have went out of business or non-approved "corporate" repairs.

Advise: talk to someone legitimate who can do a pre-purchase inspection and you feel comfortable dealing with.

My suggestions are Joe and Adam. If you don't deal with these guys you might as well play the lotto.

Good luck

#6 ·
Maybe I am missing something, but doesn't the sticker on @jjayjr's car mean that the fan campaign was completed?
Yes but there are also cars that have had this recall completed that have no stickers or cars that have not had it completed with stickers. I have seen all these variants. The fan recall happened during a time when dealers were jumping ship off the FA bandwagon. Wanted to ditch the brand as quick as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.