Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As south is riding on this version, it seemed like we should have a dedicated thread. I went into Fisker Silicon Valley today and they said that Fiskers plans had changed and the Fisker engineers would be coming into town tomorrow (Tuesday) instead of the originally scheduled Friday or Saturday, to install 6.13 and presumably test it on a large sample of cars (I counted 12 in the lot). Hopefully that's a good sign. They also confirmed they are test driving each car (the dealership, that is) for 20-30 miles before handing over the keys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
That is terrific news! Hopefully that means that preliminary testing has been completed. As my other post states, the regional service rep is flying in from Atlanta tomorrow to work on my car. I am hoping that means that he will be installing 6.13 on my car tomorrow, but I don't know that. I am hopeful though, because I don't think they would bother flying him in if he didn't have something to do when he got here.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
karma1 said:
That is terrific news! Hopefully that means that preliminary testing has been completed. As my other post states, the regional service rep is flying in from Atlanta tomorrow to work on my car. I am hoping that means that he will be installing 6.13 on my car tomorrow, but I don't know that. I am hopeful though, because I don't think they would bother flying him in if he didn't have something to do when he got here.
Is the regional service rep based in Atlanta? That would be excellent news for me!

Brent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
LonePalmBJ said:
Is the regional service rep based in Atlanta? That would be excellent news for me!
That is what I was told today, but I have no way to confirm this.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
siliconkiwi said:
By the way, the first line should read "as so much...". Damn iPhone.
Actually it works either way. :D

-- Fab.
 

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
siliconkiwi said:
As a lot is riding on this version, it seemed like we should have a dedicated thread. I went into Fisker Silicon Valley today and they said that Fiskers plans had changed and the Fisker engineers would be coming into town tomorrow (Tuesday) instead of the originally scheduled Friday or Saturday, to install 6.13 and presumably test it on a large sample of cars (I counted 12 in the lot). Hopefully that's a good sign. They also confirmed they are test driving each car (the dealership, that is) for 20-30 miles before handing over the keys.
I was there today and it turns out that the factory engineers were coming to address the battery issue in one of the cars, not 6.13. That is still on for Friday. They got another shipment of cars today, including one in Inferno, and I counted 17 cars waiting for 6.13. Here's a pic of 7 of them:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Dennis, they did email and correct the info they had given me.

On a related note, has anyone from OC or SM heard how 6.13 is doing and whether those dealerships are now releasing cars again?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
dennis said:
siliconkiwi said:
As a lot is riding on this version, it seemed like we should have a dedicated thread. I went into Fisker Silicon Valley today and they said that Fiskers plans had changed and the Fisker engineers would be coming into town tomorrow (Tuesday) instead of the originally scheduled Friday or Saturday, to install 6.13 and presumably test it on a large sample of cars (I counted 12 in the lot). Hopefully that's a good sign. They also confirmed they are test driving each car (the dealership, that is) for 20-30 miles before handing over the keys.
I was there today and it turns out that the factory engineers were coming to address the battery issue in one of the cars, not 6.13. That is still on for Friday. They got another shipment of cars today, including one in Inferno, and I counted 17 cars waiting for 6.13. Here's a pic of 7 of them:

I'm glad I'm not paying for a 12 car floor plan while Fisker works this out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
Seeing all these Karmas drives me crazy. I sure hope my car is at the dealer when I get back from Fort Campbell, KY this Friday. Even if it is not ready to drive, I want to be able to "name him George, and I will hug him, and pet him, and squeeze him...".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JlVqfC8-UI
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
kabalah70 said:
Seeing all these Karmas drives me crazy. I sure hope my car is at the dealer when I get back from Fort Campbell, KY this Friday. Even if it is not ready to drive, I want to be able to "name him George, and I will hug him, and pet him, and squeeze him...".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JlVqfC8-UI
:)

We're all rightfully impatient that things are taking much longer and are much more painful than they need to be, but it was really only a few short weeks ago that a picture of seven actual cars sitting on an actual dealer's lot would have been the most beautiful sight in the world! In the macro view, things are moving along very quickly now it seems. Of course, that's scant consolation for the folks who have been delivered a car only to watch it sit waiting to be fixed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
siliconkiwi said:
Thanks Dennis, they did email and correct the info they had given me.

On a related note, has anyone from OC or SM heard how 6.13 is doing and whether those dealerships are now releasing cars again?
Haven't heard anything new, but as of Sunday, test in SM was still ongoing... my understanding from a call I had Sunday is they were testing certain components of 6.13 not a fully integrated 6.13 package update. But as is often the case, that may be only part of the story.
 

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
Great news! I just completed a phone call with HQ Customer Service, and learned that 6.13 has been blessed and will be released to the dealers on Friday morning.

The rep read me a list of the problems that have been fixed in 6.13, and it includes the speedo freeze, cluster screen freeze, check engine light, TPMS light, unintentional locking, lamp outage, trunk doesn't open, key fob left vehicle, mirror motor failures, degraded 12V battery and Vehicle Control Module does not shut down.

The 6.14 release is focused on command center issues, and is targetted for end of January/early February. So even after 6.13 is installed we will be living with command center annoyances for several more weeks.

They seem to be accutely aware of how important it is to fix all of these problems. IMO that is a really good sign that they will continue to apply resources to resolve all of the issues we report to them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
The command center bugs are sometimes a bit annoying, but they are not important functions for me (yet). I'm enjoying my rides, it's a much better situation than forever waiting for delivery or waiting for it to be repaired. I'm glad I was allowed to take delivery.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
dennis said:
Great news! I just completed a phone call with HQ Customer Service, and learned that 6.13 has been blessed and will be released to the dealers on Friday morning.
That's terrific timing for me since my car is supposed to arrive at the dealer on Monday 1/22. I am hoping it does not take them too long to upgrade and prep the car for delivery.

-- Fab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
My car is going to be the first car at my dealer to be loaded with 6.13 tomorrow morning. I'll report back if it was successful and if the car is finally functional.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My dealer says Fisker has held off delivering 6.13, and the dealer is holding cars until Fisker can send new grounding straps (due next week) to be affixed to the cars before they will make any more deliveries. Another week with no car...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
This is not funny anymore. Our dealer said that they're having problems on the East coast dealers downloading 6.13 and he doesn't think my car will be today. He said tomorrow. We'll see.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
siliconkiwi said:
My dealer says Fisker has held off delivering 6.13, and the dealer is holding cars until Fisker can send new grounding straps (due next week) to be affixed to the cars before they will make any more deliveries. Another week with no car...
Grounding straps for what?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
SoCalGuy said:
siliconkiwi said:
My dealer says Fisker has held off delivering 6.13, and the dealer is holding cars until Fisker can send new grounding straps (due next week) to be affixed to the cars before they will make any more deliveries. Another week with no car...
Grounding straps for what?
My car had some sort of grounding issue, and i think that I remember that Brian's did too. Maybe they are beefing that up a bit to prevent future problems.
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top