Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is the 4th anniversary of my deposit and unfortunately I can't celebrate it with a drive in my Karma (#332). It has been at the dealer for several weeks now and the license plate still hasn't been issued yet.

For some reason the government agency responsible for the registration of the cars is randomly sending out just a few license plates every few days. Last week the first cars were delivered to their Dutch owners and there should be 6 to 8 on the road by the end of this week.

My car and 5 others are also having a software issue that still has to be solved. Fisker will send over some people this week to hopefully solve the problem. At least the battery has been swapped already.

The Dutch cars are the first European customer cars now officialy on the road. European certification is still not completely finished and until that happens the car has to be certified nationally. The Dutch importer over the last few weeks has worked hard to get this done and Fisker has gladly helped out (The Netherlands is the country with most Karma-orders of any European country). Deliveries in bigger countries like Germany and France still haven't started.

I hope I can drive my Karma soon, but I don't want to jinx it by naming a date. Too many missed deadlines. But I'm hanging in there, as most of us do.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Dutch, I feel your pain, January 1 marked my four year anniversary of my deposit and I too am without a car. Worse yet, having already secured my financing I will be making my first car payment a week from now, 14 January, and am 99.99% sure I will still not have the car.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Kabalah70, I am so sorry you have to endure this. It must be additionally difficult since some of us have received our cars. I pray you will get your good Karma soon.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Dutch, in a twist of fate, my plates have been done for 2 months and will be returned in 30 days if I don't have a car to adhere them to. The opposite problem that you have.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kabalah70 said:
Dutch, I feel your pain, January 1 marked my four year anniversary of my deposit and I too am without a car. Worse yet, having already secured my financing I will be making my first car payment a week from now, 14 January, and am 99.99% sure I will still not have the car.
Your situation is definitely worse. I don't understand why all 100 SE-cars weren't produced first, and if they were why they weren't all delivered first. I cannot think of any good reason why dozens if not hundreds of regular cars have overtaken yours. And when there are SE's waiting in line in Newark for a new battery and software, like yours is, they should be picked out and updated first. It can't be that hard.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Fisker seems to be unable to give me a good answer either. I am awaiting a response from Dave Harris, who said he would look into it a few days ago...............not that it really matters now as it is water under the bridge as my car is not here and I think nothing I do will expedite that.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Dutch said:
For some reason the government agency responsible for the registration of the cars is randomly sending out just a few license plates every few days. Last week the first cars were delivered to their Dutch owners and there should be 6 to 8 on the road by the end of this week.
@Dutch: I have a similar problem because I have personalized California plates and when I returned my car last year I did not have a car to transfer them to, so in order to retain the plates, I have to pay a partial annual registration fee for them to sit in my garage. I was particularly annoyed at having to pay the second payment for a second year of non-registration in August 2011. Also, when the car does show up, I don't get any credit for the 18 or so months of payments and have to pay around $1000 for first year's registration fee.

The point is to let you know that I feel (a different version of) your registration pain and sending you good vibes and hopes for you to get your car soon.

-- Fab.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YES!!!! Just now - at 9 o'clock in the evening here, my dealer is putting in extra hours - I got the call I've been waiting for for such a long time. On Saturday morning I can pick up my Karma!!! The license plate has arrived and the software problem fixed. Another 59 hours and the four year wait is finally over. I'm one very happy camper.

I hope all of you who are still waiting for their new car (or in two cases fixed car) will also get that call soon.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Dutch said:
YES!!!! Just now - at 9 o'clock in the evening here, my dealer is putting in extra hours - I got the call I've been waiting for for such a long time. On Saturday morning I can pick up my Karma!!! The license plate has arrived and the software problem fixed. Another 59 hours and the four year wait is finally over. I'm one very happy camper.
Gefeliciteerd!

When one of us gets their car, it's like we all have gotten our cars. Hope you enjoy it.

-- Fab.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks! Also for the congratulations in my own language! :)

I will upload pictures this weekend.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dutch said:

I hope all of you who are still waiting for their new car (or in two cases fixed car) will also get that call soon.
Wonderful. Congratulations! It is like Christmas all over again :)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After Saturday my car will probably show up on the internet pretty fast. In The Netherlands there's a large community of young car fanatics who take pictures of every exotic car they see. These gets published on Autogespot.com (car spotted) and Autojunk.nl. Although there have been only a few Karma's on the road, and most for just a few days or weeks, many have already been 'spotted':

http://www.autogespot.com/nl/viewcars.php?view=type&type=Fisker

The yellow plates are consumer cars, the green plates are dealer cars, the white plates with red letters are Danish plates (the distributor for northern Europe is Nelleman of Denmark, and the demonstration car that has been driving around for a few months has had the Danish plates because it could not be registered yet).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts