Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fisker of the Netherlands today (Sept 2) organized the first Good Karma Day for Karma-owners in The Netherlands. The high point of the day was the breaking of the world record for number of cars charging simultaneously. The old record, also set in The Netherlands earlier this year, stood at 43 cars, mainly Leafs and Ampera's (Volt). Today 45 Karma's charged at the same time, breaking the record with just one brand alone (and what brand!). There were also 3 Peugeot Ions and 2 MB E-Cells charging, for a total of 50 cars.

The gathering of so many Karma's was an awesome sight. Special guest Bernhard Koehler said it gave him 'goose bumps'.

There were cars of all colors (except Laguna): 13 x Earth, 9 x Shadow, 7 x White Sand, 6 x Eclipse, 6 x Silver Wind, 1 x Deep Ocean, 1 x Inferno and 2 x SE-silver.

Here are some pictures of the initial gathering in a field, with about 48 or 49 Karma's, and later during day the world record by 45 cars at the Floriade agricultural and flower show in Venlo, which not everyone had the opportunity to attend.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Awesome pics! You beat the SoCal drive gathering by a good margin!

Question - did you guys take a drive together afterwards?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice!,

but I miss a bit of fresh colour.

My Laguna would have fitted the pictures nicely, but unfortunately I will only pick her up today!

finally!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SoCalGuy said:
Awesome pics! You beat the SoCal drive gathering by a good margin!

Question - did you guys take a drive together afterwards?
It's up to California to gain back the title! :)

Yes, we took a drive! A nice route through the countryside, where people stared at this impressive parade of silent but fast supercars. But also in the drivers seat it's awesome to see 3 or 4 Karma's ahead of you and 5 or 6 behind you.[hr]
Laguna said:
Nice!,

but I miss a bit of fresh colour.

My Laguna would have fitted the pictures nicely, but unfortunately I will only pick her up today!

finally!
Congratulations! I saw your car in Hilversum last week. What a beauty! It would have made a very nice addition. The single Inferno now got most attention.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An impression of the event on video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3omCvkj7z8&feature=player_embedded

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
How did they manage to get a 600A connection in the middle of a field? That must have been a pretty impressive extension cord.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The cars were parked on the huge parking lot of, and close to, the Floriade, which is an event that takes places only once a decade and draws 1-2 million visitors. They invested heavily in infrastructure. I guess that included a 600A power line. After the event closes in October the 60 charging points will be placed on different locations across the province. The area itself will become a business park, so the power line will come in handy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There are now 3 Laguna's in Europe, so maybe we should do again with the missing colors!
3 Laguna's in Europe sounds nice and exclusive, I like that.

I know there should be 3 in Holland alone,
one with the yellow interior, and 2 with black, of which one is mine, and the other was still for sale at kroymans when I last saw it.

So you think no other Laguna's were delivered in Europe, or you meant 3 in Holland instead of 3 in Europe?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts