Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly is the '35 mile hole', what is the cause and how to solve it?

My Karma has something like a 'loss of power' at about 40 km/h...
I recently drove a newly registered Karma, having about 600km on the odometer... This car did not show this behavior.

My dealer mentioned, my battery is more worn...

So is this something, we have to expect in the future or is this a faulty module?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
More worn never heard that term . If you have a module going bad or bad there is a couple of warning signs .
When the battery gets down to about 13 miles left it drops from 13 to 0 very fast .
You get a check engine light after you charge the battery but the check engine resets it self next charge cycle .

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I've heard of the slowdown in acceleration around 30mph many times. It seems to be more prevalent in some cars. I can't say I've ever noticed it in mine. I thought some engineer at one time posted a plausible explanation for this acceleration hole. I think this is what Stefan is referring to.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
What exactly is the '35 mile hole', what is the cause and how to solve it?

My Karma has something like a 'loss of power' at about 40 km/h...
I recently drove a newly registered Karma, having about 600km on the odometer... This car did not show this behavior.

My dealer mentioned, my battery is more worn...

So is this something, we have to expect in the future or is this a faulty module?
There has been a fair amount of discussion about this phenomenon, AKA the "Acceleration Hole" in prior threads, most notably this one.

One theory is that this is a safeguard built into the software to prevent the inverters from overheating under full acceleration. It could also be a software bug.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
There has been a fair amount of discussion about this phenomenon, AKA the "Acceleration Hole" in prior threads, most notably this one.

One theory is that this is a safeguard built into the software to prevent the inverters from overheating under full acceleration. It could also be a software bug.
Are you saying the car has software bugs :huh:

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts

Are you saying the car has software bugs :huh:
Me? Never! But there are those who don't have my abiding faith or my boundless confidence in the technology. :dodgy::)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts