Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
I don't think anyone except perhaps the new company has a "master list" of the "about 250 bugs".

Here are a few...

HARDWARE

- cars that had defective batteries: probably not going to recur, at least not the same way
- undersized inverters that can't actually push out 300 kW = 400 hp (rumored, I have not measured)
- the water intrusion problem at the CIU, for which the "hoover dam" is merely a workaround, not a real fix
- general fit-and-finish issues (even at the end it sounded like Valmet were having parts that did not go together properly)
- RDM failures (were/are they really corrected?)
- CIU display is mis-polarized
- engine/generator coupler should probably be redesigned to use hydraulic coupling

SOFTWARE

1. infotainment system

- CIU response is very slow
- CIU sometimes never comes up at all (no "accept" button)
- interface needs major work (e.g., click-to-drag temperature, preference scrolling)
- Navigation input is crazy (must press check mark at absurd points, for instance)
- backup camera video is delayed and slow
- CIU freeze-ups (rare, have seen these with backup camera video switch)
- night/day mode disabled
- solar energy screen is static
- sensor values (e.g., tire PSI) cannot be viewed unless there is at least one out of range
- preference settings (e.g., delay before accessory mode is shut off) can be forgotten (set it to 1, 5, or 10 minutes, sometimes it randomly goes back to 0)
- easy entry/exit sometimes gets stuck (seat won't move automatically, requires soft reboot)
- USB-vs-iPod detection failures (iPod reverts to "usb" or never comes up as "iPod")
- audio glitch: ~20 ms audio dropouts (generic Linux pulseaudio issue, probably) occur apparently-randomly
- iPod: shuffle mode fails, sound goes mute on each shuffle, requires pause/play or skip back to beginning to un-mute
- iPod: repeat mode fails (like shuffle, possibly same bug)
- iPod: cover art sometimes never shows up
- air-conditioner: gets confused about interior temperature, can stop supplying cold air entirely until reboot for instance
- air-conditioner: auto mode cranks fan to 9 or 10 and keeps it there unnecessarily

2. engine control etc

- fuel pump pressurization system raises DTCs if shut off shortly after refueling
- engine on/off apparently competes with fully charged battery, causing repeated cycling on/off when battery is full but diagnostic system wants engine to run

That's my short list for now :D

(Despite all these glitches, I love my Laguna Karma!)

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
The bugs also include small things like the black caps that covers the windshield wiper arm nuts .
HVAC damper motor calibration faults causing the mode screen to break .
VCM losing wake up signal.
EBCM losing SOH for no apparent reason .
Various wiring ground issues including ground lugs cracking

I have plenty more which I really don't want to list I rather list the positive .

·
Registered
122 Posts
How about interior door handles that are secured to the door instead of just the interior panel. The inside of panel of my driver door is coming detached off the exterior metal, merely held on by plastic clips that gave out... :(

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
The door panel is secured to the metal frame of the door by two 30mm torx screws behind that cover plate where you pull on the door handle to close the door .
The clips are problem

·
Carved - Karma bites back
79 Posts
Guys, do i read correctly that normally the Fisker can output 300kw? If a correct inverter is installed in the future?

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Li will learn quickly, if not already that being open and specific may not be to the benefit of Wax. investment. The number 250 sound ominous -- so everyone now wants to know what 250 are... some may have been fixes, some are software changes that may have been made had FA continued. Tesla quietly upgrades their software (over the air) and only discloses those things the owner may notice differently, or fixes that are well known.

It is all how one handles information is often the determination of what is thought of the product. Publishing 250 fixes may mean 100 software issues to some, but the those driving a traditional ICE is means 250 hardware technical problems and things that will BREAK.

Not good.

·
Registered
334 Posts
@AIJOHN - I was thinking the exact same thing when Li said that. Not only could it hurt sales of the new production run of Karmas, but it potentially impacts the resale market for existing Karmas as potential owners are scared to jump in (as if there wasn't legitimate cause for concern already).

Li will learn quickly, if not already that being open and specific may not be to the benefit of Wax. investment. The number 250 sound ominous -- so everyone now wants to know what 250 are... some may have been fixes, some are software changes that may have been made had FA continued. Tesla quietly upgrades their software (over the air) and only discloses those things the owner may notice differently, or fixes that are well known.

It is all how one handles information is often the determination of what is thought of the product. Publishing 250 fixes may mean 100 software issues to some, but the those driving a traditional ICE is means 250 hardware technical problems and things that will BREAK.

Not good.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
Funny I sent an email top Fisker on the home page -- here is my exchange .

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 9:27 AM

To: [email protected];
Subject: Fisker Contact Form Response

Now that Wanxiang is on record confirming 250 bugs, will the previous owners who bought new and supported the Fisker brand get most of those updates as a sign of good will from the new owners?

To: Nin ja
Subject: RE: Fisker Contact Form Response
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 00:19:29 +0000

Hello …,
Thank you very much for your email and on behalf of the new company, we sincerely thank you for being a Karma owner.
We received your inquiry regarding service and future warranty, we ask for your understanding that the relationships of Fisker dealers and the old company is out of our control. There are a select number of “old” Fisker dealers that are still in operation.
As we prepare for production in 2015, we are evaluating both our distribution channels and methods for re-launch and we realize that increasing our service, and supplier network is crucial to our success.
We thank you for your patience during this time and look forward to seeing our story unfold. We look forward to expanding our global network and understand that increasing our service and supplier network is crucial to our success.
We will ensure to convey all product and retailer location updates via media channels and our developing website. www.fiskerautomotive.com.
Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
Sincerely,
The New Fisker Team

To: Karma Customer Service

Thank you for the quick replay -- BTW Patients is all I have at this point. To date the car has no major issues and the slight buggy SW. I was told I was a candidate to receive the new battery before Fisker shutdown, so I never received one. I have about 4K miles and the battery continue to charge normally. The SW continues to be an issue, but I choose to take the warranty option instead of the unsecured credit route -- I'm hoping the New Fisker will honor the old fisker’s commitment and provide a quality product -- they did after all give us owner 5 YR plus 1 YR extension -- that's was one of the factors to buying the car. I hope the fisker continue to communicate with the original owners and realize the our loyalty will pay big dividend for the new fisker -- I await your progress and I cheer your efforts -- thank you

PS> May I share your response to me with the FiskerBuzz site? Many Fisker enthusiast and new buyer visit the site, it would be good PR to provide period updates to that group as well as the FIsker Site on Facebook -- both customers and potential buyers frequent those sites and it would be a great branding tool to get the positive news out!

To: Nin Ja
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 17:07:33 +0000

Hello,
Thank you for your email and for being a Fisker Owner.
We are sincerely appreciate for your feedback.
As we prepare for production in 2015, we are evaluating our warranty program, distribution channels and methods in preparation for re-launch.
We will ensure to convey all warranty, product and retailer location updates via media channels and our developing website, www.fiskerautomotive.com.
You may share Fisker Automotive’s response on the Fisker buzz site. Communication is and will be a key factor in our identity going forward.
Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
Thanks and kindest regards,
The New Fisker Team

·
Registered
888 Posts
So they simply keep saying nothing but 'yeah, feel free to promote your good mood on the net'...

More or less a template ?

Where I'd the relationship between you question "will I get 250 fixes" to the upcoming dealership network?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Cut them some slack... I mean, they literally just got the bankruptcy sale approved what...a week ago or something? They have a lot on their plate.

As owners, we all have a warranty that is about to be reinstated to varying levels (depending on your status as a claimant in the BK judgment) which includes parts and labor.

I have to imagine that as they come up with fixes to the existing problems, one will be able to claim the fixes under the limited warranty. We just have to have some more patience.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
So they simply keep saying nothing but 'yeah, feel free to promote your good mood on the net'...

More or less a template ?

Where I'd the relationship between you question "will I get 250 fixes" to the upcoming dealership network?
I'm not really feeling the love here from the new Fisker. When Brown addressed FiskerBuzz i was hopeful, but snce his last posting, paitients is wearing thin.

Heck if they were worried about creating undo concern with their correspondence (assuming lawyers helping reduce exposure) why put out a ignorate statement like "250 bugs" and expect no reaction from current owners? It would be nice if the folks who opted for the warrenty would get some sort of letter or given an account on the new fisker site to have open dialog with the company representatives -- it's the least they can do if they want to keep a relatioship with current owners.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I'm not really feeling the love here from the new Fisker. When Brown addressed FiskerBuzz i was hopeful, but snce his last posting, paitients is wearing thin.

Heck if they were worried about creating undo concern with their correspondence (assuming lawyers helping reduce exposure) why put out a ignorate statement like "250 bugs" and expect no reaction from current owners? It would be nice if the folks who opted for the warrenty would get some sort of letter or given an account on the new fisker site to have open dialog with the company representatives -- it's the least they can do if they want to keep a relatioship with current owners.
250 is just such an improbably round number that I think it is more a figure of speech than a precise count of actual reported bugs. The point was that they are looking at a lot of issues and trying to address them in some sort of priority. As an owner, I think it is actually reassuring that the new management are not trying to whitewash the real extent of the problem like the old regime did, and are in fact working to solve them.

Cut them some slack... I mean, they literally just got the bankruptcy sale approved what...a week ago or something? They have a lot on their plate.
I completely agree. At this point, the new management is just trying to figure out the size of the ladder they need to even see the top of the deep smoking crater left behind by Henrik et al. One thing that we tend to forget in this discussion is that Wanxiang is actually spending its own money to try to reboot Fisker, unlike the old regime that was spending investor and US government money. This makes me think that they will be much more prudent, cautious, and focused in applying resources and tackling issues. The last thing the current management wants to do is to send their money down the same hole as the last one did. They just need an opportunity to execute, without us asking "is it done yet?" every 10 minutes.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
250 is just such an improbably round number that I think it is more a figure of speech than a precise count of actual reported bugs. The point was that they are looking at a lot of issues and trying to address them in some sort of priority. As an owner, I think it is actually reassuring that the new management are not trying to whitewash the real extent of the problem like the old regime did, and are in fact working to solve them.

Then why not say, "work out the bugs", why 250? is it 249? more then 200? maybe it's 251 or its over 300? why a number in the first place?

I completely agree. At this point, the new management is just trying to figure out the size of the ladder they need to even see the top of the deep smoking crater left behind by Henrik et al. One thing that we tend to forget in this discussion is that Wanxiang is actually spending its own money to try to reboot Fisker, unlike the old regime that was spending investor and US government money. This makes me think that they will be much more prudent, cautious, and focused in applying resources and tackling issues. The last thing the current management wants to do is to send their money down the same hole as the last one did. They just need an opportunity to execute, without us asking "is it done yet?" every 10 minutes.
I run a business too and appriacite what you are saying, but communications with current owners is not "are we they're yet", it more like, here is the plan and here is where we are at -- building this brand back is as important as making a good product and communications will be key -- why do many owners frequent fiskerbuzz -- I'm sure many owner run businesses like I do with issues every day, yet they I tune in to get the dose of lasted news about a product I care about - oh and I too , like Wanxaing bought my car with my money , not with goverment funds or investor dollars. ;-)

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Appreciate NinJa's initiative and New Fisker's response. I would have expected nothing more of a commitment at this time. Although the response was non-committal, it was a response and is certainly welcomed. I strongly suspect that the New FA will need the support of prior Karma owners, so thanks NinJa for making the point.

I encourage the New Fisker to give consideration to "what and how" they publish their intentions. IMO, it would have been better to say "we are committed to building a quality vehicle with the commitment of both Fisker Automotive as well as commitment from our supply chain to quality.

As I await my Tesla X SUV, I read their forums. There is nothing much different than the early days of Fisker -- Software updates, owners wishes, minor fixes needed, etc. As Tesla has said "it is our goal to build the best car on the road x10". They continuously focus or what they are doing to improve the current model.

Conversely, information on estimating "250 problems" was very problematic for The New Fisker and us early adopters. They just made the MSN's worst car ever made have legitimacy in the eyes of many.

Accent to positives.... focus on what is good.... acknowledge improvements and responsiveness.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts