Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Everyone loves a comeback story. Let's hope there is one here.

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's interesting that there will be 2016 cars on the road largely identical to our 2012s. It's kind of like the iPhone 5S compared with the 5: a lot of the changes may be software more than hardware, and maybe 2012 owners will be able to share in these benefits (just like iPhone 5 owners are now able to upgrade to ios8, and almost have a "new phone" without an actual new piece of hardware).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Personally I hope that Fisker makes some topical changes to the car to differentiate it from those of us that own a 'First Generation' Fisker. This way we can be assured of the unique nature of that generation. It could be as simple as changing a trim piece, or adding the spoiler to the rear deck, or the grille. Just like the differences between a 73 or 74 911 - those of us in the 'know' can immediately recognize the difference, but to the general public it still is a '70's 911. If anyone has a line in with the New Fisker, this would be a big ask I would reccommend making.

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
I think the original FA was going to come out with some new color combinations in 2013 that were not offered in 2012, as a way of offering an upgrade of sorts without actually making any real changes. I am not sure if Fisker++ is contemplating anything of the sort, but I do love the idea of having a Classic Karma rather than the New Karma.

·
EV Enthusiast
110 Posts
I think the original FA was going to come out with some new color combinations in 2013 that were not offered in 2012, as a way of offering an upgrade of sorts without actually making any real changes. I am not sure if Fisker++ is contemplating anything of the sort, but I do love the idea of having a Classic Karma rather than the New Karma.
Heard there are talks about not using the Fisker name at all on the new generation cars due to the royalty that they would have to pay to Henrik. If that's the case, the current Karmas would be unique.

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Heard there are talks about not using the Fisker name at all on the new generation cars due to the royalty that they would have to pay to Henrik. If that's the case, the current Karmas would be unique.
Can't be sure about this, but I would think that the FISKER name is a corporate asset that was transferred through the BK process to the new owner and Henrik would not have any more claim to it than the descendants of the Dodge brothers to royalty from the use of their name.

I don't know one way or another, just speculating.

·
Registered
80 Posts
this was discussed earlier - without a doubt the fisker name and karma and all intellectual property including trademarks were part of the sale.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well everyone has to understand that FA will not have enough time to do a major change in the body style for 2016. I hope the Powertrain area will get the most attention on fixing the bugs. And after all no matter what it is still the sexiest electric car out there... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts