OUR FIRST KARMA: (Had it in our garage for about 8 days out of about 30 days we had it.)
First of all, our purchase experience was as good as it gets, under the circumstances. Fisker of Atlanta, and specifically Jamin, are top notch at handling customer issues. They always had our back! And they even took back our first Karma because of the problems and sold us another one which has been working fine; with very few bugs.
I would also like to say that Fisker's customer care department was very proactive in making sure I was updated with information to help calm my fears. I received calls and emails to make sure I knew what was going on with our car while it was being serviced and to inform me of what the next update would address (which it didn't).
- PDNR problems and wouldn't move without a hard reboot and it didn't always work. This left my wife stranded at one of our kids school until the car decided to accept her 3rd hard reboot.
- Check engine light.
- Losing preset stations.
- Speedo freeze.
- The trunk wouldn't open one time for a full day; even after a hard reboot. Glad we didn't have milk in there!
- The easy entry/exit would work sometimes, but not always.
- I lost the sound system a few times after an update.
- Sometimes the rear doors would pop open when the hood closed.
- The body panel did not fit very good. All the doors were not aligned, the hood had a dip by the right front fender, the trunk had big gaps---worse than any production car I've ever seen in the past 5 years.
- Many features in the control panel don't work.
Our "last straw" Karma was after leaving it the dealer for a week or more to load new software, and the sound system wouldn't work when I went to pick it up. After the car had stranded my wife, I just told them I didn't want this car any more. Instead of getting my money back, I agreed to try another Karma so we waited about 3 weeks for another one.
OUR SECOND KARMA: (We've had it for 2 weeks and put about 700 miles on it.)
- The check engine light has been on for about 98% of the time.
- It loses the pre-set stations a lot.
- The radio volume will go up too fast on occasion.
- The back up sensor buzzer wouldn't stop buzzing on three occasions.
- The rear camera stayed on a few times.
- The easy entry/exit doesn't work.
- Many features in the control panel still don't work.
Even so, we love it! It has not left me stranded, nor has the PRND issue popped up. We took it on a road trip last weekend and we may do it again this weekend.
The car is a ball to drive and I love not using fuel!