Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, my name is Philip, Phil. I have a 2012 Karma 40+k that will not charge.
Purchased a new/used Karma charger to no avail. Charger lights run for 4-5 seconds then the vehicle makes a clunk sound and run lights go solid.
I Live in fort Myers beach FL. Anyone somewhat close who might service my car.
Thank you . phil.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Good morning, my name is Philip, Phil. I have a 2012 Karma 40+k that will not charge.
Purchased a new/used Karma charger to no avail. Charger lights run for 4-5 seconds then the vehicle makes a clunk sound and run lights go solid.
I Live in fort Myers beach FL. Anyone somewhat close who might service my car.
Thank you . phil.
Maybe the OBCM is broken?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe the OBCM is broken?
Thank you for replying. I have this car 18 months.
Old man Fell in love with something he can't handle. Lol.
I am looking for someone in Florida to service . (Fix) it. Anyone on this forum have a contacts.
I thought My Harleyguy, a knowledgeable chap, was in south Florida.
I could get it to him if he is agreeable to assist.
Thanks for getting back to me. Regards, Phil

·
Registered
73 Posts
We had a Fisker with the same issue: clunk, then won’t charge. We diagnosed it and had to replace the OBCM, the #5 contactor and several bad battery modules. Now it’s 100%. We do this type of work regularly, but unfortunately we are in Arizona. I don’t know anyone in FL that has the tools and expertise to properly diagnose yours. (P.S. Adam is Awesome, a wealth of knowledge and a good friend, but he’s not turning wrenches anymore.) If you find a good shop, we can supply all the parts discussed above. Contact us at RoushRestorations.com. Wishing you the best and let me know if we can help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had a Fisker with the same issue: clunk, then won’t charge. We diagnosed it and had to replace the OBCM, the #5 contactor and several bad battery modules. Now it’s 100%. We do this type of work regularly, but unfortunately we are in Arizona. I don’t know anyone in FL that has the tools and expertise to properly diagnose yours. (P.S. Adam is Awesome, a wealth of knowledge and a good friend, but he’s not turning wrenches anymore.) If you find a good shop, we can supply all the parts discussed above. Contact us at RoushRestorations.com. Wishing you the best and let me know if we can help.
Good afternoon.
Thank you so much for your support, I thought I had replied to your note, it appears that my reply is not evident here. I really do not know what to do , the repair costs may be somewhat prohibitive for me. thanks again for your reply...Regard, Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts