Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the Fisker 110v charger without a problem when away from my 240v charger at home. Just last week the warning triangle symbol on the right side of the charger shows a solid red,w chich according to the manual is a problem with the cord. Has any had any experience with this problem? Is there a fix or am I in the market for a new 110v charger?

I can't see how the charger body can be opened to check the continuity of the cords.

Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
Is this the lear or clipper creek charger? Have you tried using an outlet that is on a different circuit in your house?

does the charger blink in some kind of pattern/can you take a video of it?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the unit that came with the car - Intertek model? I tried several outlets in different building locations with same result. BUt as soon as I began responding to this email and look at how the red lite blinks, it stopped doing it. I am guessing bad voltage from the power company???

Thanks for responding, but if you know how to open the unit..... let me know.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
The charger is a sealed charger not much can be done other then replace it another piece of junk . I've had at least 15 of them go bad since the car was introduced

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
The charger is a sealed charger not much can be done other then replace it another piece of junk . I've had at least 15 of them go bad since the car was introduced
You don't have to replace it with another charger from Fisker. Any other J1772 compatible charger should work fine. Check the Charging and Chargers forum on these discussions, such as this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts