Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have 2012 Fisker karma and was driving yesterday in stealth mode with a full tank of gas. When the battery ran out the car started to move very slow while pressing the gas pedal and would not go. I message came on saying 01 limp fault, does anyone have any idea what this is please? I let the car sit for awhile it would start up but when I hit the had pedal or seem not to want to accelerate, please help thank you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey ufojoe thanks for the response but what is the HV module and is this a serious problem I have only had this car for a week

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey I charged my car all night it has a full charge and drove it for about 5mins didnt have any issues but I'm wondering if all the battery runs out will that issue start again

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Hey I charged my car all night it has a full charge and drove it for about 5mins didnt have any issues but I'm wondering if all the battery runs out will that issue start again
You will know if it happens again when you run out of battery. Before the battery runs out start watching the miles to zero on the battery gauge watch to see if the miles drop really fast from 10 miles to zero.
A HV battery module is in the the HV battery.The battery has 15 modules and what you describe is one or more modules can be faulty.Did the battery gauge go red when this happened ?

·
Registered
829 Posts
As a "stop gap" procedure, you can make sure you engage SPORT mode before your batter y gets to the point where it drops all the way to 0 suddenly, and SPORT should hold the Stealth miles there. You have to remember to always engage SPORT every time you start the car until you can recharge it.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Hey harleyguy the gauge did turn red when the battery depleted
I had this happen only once a few months ago when the battery was near full. Turned the car off, waited three minutes, and never happened again.

Get used to a few bugs. Every once in a while the Radio will not work, or the screen will get stuck on startup with the Fisker logo, you get a check engine light, a light bulb out message or maybe the A/C won't cool. All these things happen to me from time to time, but go away after shutting down the car and waiting for the park light to turn off and then starting back up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks so much you guys I will definitely keep you guys updated on any issues as I am still learning more and more about this car

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I had this happen only once a few months ago when the battery was near full. Turned the car off, waited three minutes, and never happened again.

Get used to a few bugs. Every once in a while the Radio will not work, or the screen will get stuck on startup with the Fisker logo, you get a check engine light, a light bulb out message or maybe the A/C won't cool. All these things happen to me from time to time, but go away after shutting down the car and waiting for the park light to turn off and then starting back up.
It's all part of the charm of owning a genuine :fisker: Karma.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys was driving today inn sport mode and the engine would idle up high then the reduced performance light would come on and the limp fault code

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Hey were are the battery modules located and do you k is if this is a easy fix
The modules are located within the HV battery pack. The battery pack is located under the car and needs to be removed and it's not an easy or hard job to do it's the cost to replace the modules.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey guys I tried to drive my karma around I didn't get a good half mile. The came to a slow stop while pressing the gas pedal, and would not move. I turned the car off for about 3seconds it moved a few feet then stop again I reapeated this process until I got it back home, glad I was only feet away from home. Can anybody please tell me what this could be I called the dealer and they said it could be the spline motor.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts