Fisker Inc. Partners with The Hybrid Shop to Offer New EV Service Model - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2017, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Default Fisker Inc. Partners with The Hybrid Shop to Offer New EV Service Model

New Announcement From Fisker, Inc. I have highlighted the final paragraph because I thought it would be of particular interest to Fiskerbuzz members (way to bury the lede, Fisker )

Image Credit: Fisker Inc.

Los Angeles, CA (March 24, 2017)- Fisker, Inc. announces an agreement with The Hybrid Shop (THS) to invest and partner, in a first of its kind global service model for Electric Vehicles (EV). The partnership will expand a network of 36 existing EV and hybrid service centers located in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Maine, North Carolina, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Philadelphia, Puerto Rico, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin and in Alberta, Canada to more than 300 by 2019 in the US and rest of the world, through both organic growth and franchising.

This revolutionary partnership was created to make the servicing of future Fisker cars more accessible, faster and customer focused. All service centers will have dedicated expert technicians trained to service Fisker Electric Vehicles and all other Hybrid and Electric Vehicles. The partnership will utilize its rapidly expanding network of service centers, providing service and warranty repairs to owners of the new Fisker EMotion electric car.

The service centers will have technicians with extensive Fisker factory training in servicing all elements of Fisker EMotion from maintenance, through electric powertrain repairs, battery related tasks and body work (at selected locations).

The growing network of EV service centers will have access to all the latest Fisker diagnostic equipment, repair tools information and software updates.

For non-over the air service and updates, Fisker EMotion owners will receive a white glove concierge service directly from Fisker, who will arrange for any warranty work and maintenance, with a complimentary pickup and delivery of the vehicles. Owners will receive real time updates on their vehicles and a seamless service. Fisker concierge will be able to pick up and drop the vehicles without inconveniencing owners for time, as Fisker EMotion will be keyless and accessible through smart devices and smart codes, with enhanced operational cyber security.

Fisker, Inc. and The Hybrid Shop will shortly offer all Fisker Karma owners a free "health check" as part of the new venture and support with maintenance and repairs.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641

Last edited by Fabulist; 03-26-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

If they have a facility in NC now; where and what name???
carnutdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnutdr View Post
If they have a facility in NC now; where and what name???
Here is the link to the Raleigh, NC location of THS.

You can search for other locations using the search box on the THS main page linked in the original post.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641

Last edited by Fabulist; 03-26-2017 at 08:35 PM.
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2017, 11:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)

For me, the closest one is Tool's Garage in San Carlos, CA. They list that they service the Fisker Karma on their web site. Don't know anything about them but I do know that I've been very happy with the service provide by Pat's Garage in San Francisco.
2012 Karma EcoSport Inferno/Canyon #1188
1966 Pontiac LeMans Sprint, Propane Powered
marswill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quoted: 77 Post(s)

I just checked the local shop and even though they list Fisker Karma as being one of their serviced vehicles they didn't know anything about it or have the SW/HW tools.

Nice concept, but just vapor for now.
sherrillt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrillt View Post
I just checked the local shop and even though they list Fisker Karma as being one of their serviced vehicles they didn't know anything about it or have the SW/HW tools.

Nice concept, but just vapor for now.
what shop is that? I plan to stick with Joe ! I'm planning a trip real soon -- plan to install a tom and other goodies (like the beta and put the insulation in the front like i did the rear).
Old 03-27-2017, 06:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

I'm sticking with Pat @ Pat's Garage. Would rather have experience and expertise along with a person that actually cares about our cars.
JAM_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quoted: 56 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM_22 View Post
I'm sticking with Pat @ Pat's Garage. Would rather have experience and expertise along with a person that actually cares about our cars.
I'm also sticking with Pat's Garage for the same reason. Besides, I get along real well with Pat.
2012 Karma EcoSport Inferno/Canyon #1188
1966 Pontiac LeMans Sprint, Propane Powered
marswill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

Wonder how KA will take to this announcement? I doubt they will be supportive of any 3rd party fixing vehicles, plus they probably won't sell parts to anyone outside their network. I smell a lawsuit.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quoted: 77 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post
what shop is that? I plan to stick with Joe ! I'm planning a trip real soon -- plan to install a tom and other goodies (like the beta and put the insulation in the front like i did the rear).
- It lists Curry's as the shop in the THS network locally
- What Beta?
- I would like to hear if the insulation actually works (too what degree). Big question is what have been the results and is it worth the cost - can you post pics?
sherrillt is offline   Reply With Quote