Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Software Version

24K views 49 replies 26 participants last post by  shrowell 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a way to tell what version of software the car is currently running? I am pretty happy with the version I have except...

The A/C fan speed occasionally needs to be manually changed and the navigation voice needs to be adjusted down from the radio volume.

Also, if I have an old version, is anyone selling a self-upgrade program?

I probably should leave well enough alone, but I am curious.

#2 ·
I don't think you'd even be able to get ahold of a version that you could self-upgrade, but even if you could, I'd avoid that at all costs. I'm sure Harleyguy or Lormax would be happy to help you with that. If it came down to it, you'd be wise to fly one of them to you so they could do the job for you.

#3 ·
Hey there Steven. You can check the software versions of the CIU, which will give you an educated guess of what the other software levels are at. To do this, start the car normally and bring it to System Ready. Hit the Agree button on the screen and let the touch screen boot up. Then, press and hold the diag System button for 8 seconds, then let go. The screen may change while holding it, which is fine, just count to 8 slowly (one-one thousand, two one thousand, etc). After the 8 seconds, let go and a new screen should come up. Either post a picture of it or tell us what your VIP and HOST versions are. That'll give us a general idea of what software level your car is probably at. Hope that helps!

#6 ·
Here are my numbers:

Hardware: PV
Software: 05.02.16.00
VIP: 05.23.00
NAV: 01.05.01
Host: 05.23.00

I am guessing I am at least one update behind Steven. Is it possible to post a list of these numbers corresponding to their Version and what that version does, because it may be that I do not want to upgrade, especially if it is going to cost me and I do not care for the features that it fixes, unless that would be an argument for warranty violation, but if they are going to pull that card, they are going to have to do it for free, or a definite lawsuit will be on their hands.
This is just one of the many reasons Fisker Automotive failed, by never creating the Owner website they promised that could have been a database for vehicle histories, so an owner would know where they stood for their next service visit.

#7 ·
Yes you are one software version behind I assume you didn't visit you dealership in the past 6 or 7 months . You can leave the car at 628 your choice of coarse but like any software it fixes bugs in the car . I don't have the full list of module it upgrades in front of me but I' m a search of the forum will get you an answer . Just wondering did you have the cooling fan recall done ?

#8 ·
Yes, I took it in for that when I got my 10k service done. At least it was supposed to. Of course, I have no owner's website unlike MySubaru.com which shows my Subaru's maintenance history to include services and recalls applied and outstanding. It is amazing how poorly mismanaged Fisker Automotive was, in that they could not provide was is considered by many as basic services that an owner expects.

#10 ·
You can't really blame Fisker for your car not being on the correct software version .Fisker releases the software it's the dealerships obligation to make sure your car is up to date . I ca think of one problem that you may want to check into .There is two parts to software installs one part installs software to all the modules like ECM/HCU etc the second part is the CIU when software is done we install a thumb drive into the usb port in the center console if the CIU has a bad boot loader it won't see the thumb drive this will prevent to software from being loaded . Only way to check this you would need the 510 software on a thumb drive and install the drive and see if the TPI switches screens to the USB screen . I've had this happen many times and had to replace the CIU .

#11 ·
Eric and Kabalah,

I called my dealer... they said my software is the latest and greatest. Thus I must assume Version 05.03.99.00 translates to "510".

Thumb drives are super easy to replicate. If you have a good relationship with your dealer, perhaps they will let you clone it. I can't see how it could be wrong to have access to your own software.

#13 ·
So can anyone tell me what I am missing out on by not having the latest and greatest software release? I don't plan on upgrading unless I am in danger of something being damaged especially if I am going to have to pay for the upgrade. I am sure I will not be getting a Solar Energy screen fix or Remote Climate Control.

#15 ·
510 is a much more solid and stable software release. The CIU received a pretty big upgrade, fixing numerous bluetooth problems and speeding it up slightly. Many other modules, including the battery, ECU, all three inverters, the brake control module, HVAC module, touch screen and dash module received software upgrades.

I'm sure a number of the other owners will speak up about the latest software release and how much they like it.

#25 ·
Yes it was still being worked on . I also believe it was being worked on until the auction of Fisker . From what I was told before Fisker closed they were very close to having the software being validated . I know the engineer who was working on it before he was laid off

#31 ·
Lorax,

I know this is an old thread...sorry.

Can you please confirm what is displayed when you check your version after the 510 build was installed. I feel like I must not have the latest version because I am still suffering from the frozen solar roof screen, the very sluggish touch screen response, the out of control fan speed, etc.

Thanks,

-Joe

#33 ·
Hi guys -

Can you tell me if I have the latest :

Hardware Version Number : PV
Software Version Number : 05.03.99.00
VIP Ver 07.77.00
NAV Ver 01.05.01
Host Ver 09.29.00

Thank you in advance

#34 ·
You have the latest but you have to understand your only checking the latest software for the CIU . 510 also updated many other computers . Everything from the inverters to the instrument cluster . You only check for the latest software with Prodis . I've had many cars come which had 510 but other computers didn't get updated .

There is two ways we can install software one is manually picking the Module we want to upgrade . The other is the Prodis program scans the complete cars and shows which modules need the update we hit one button and upgrades the whole car at one time . Some dealerships never go back into the modules to actually see if the software got installed correctly .

#38 ·
For the Takata Passenger Side Airbag recall, I had to go to an authorized Karma Automotive provider (not longtime fiskerbuzz MVP Harleyguy), in order to get it done for free.

When I got the car back I noticed slight changes in the screen of the CIU. Using this (very old) thread, I learned about holding the diagnostic button for 8 seconds, giving me:
Software Version Number 05.03.99.00
VIP Version 07.77.00
Nav Version 01.05.01
Host Ver 09.29.00

Which is the same set of numbers people posted above 3-4 years ago. This is still the latest version, and not one of the scary ones that expose the battery to unbalancing, right?

#41 ·
I no longer work the Italian language, the rear camera, the navigator and the memories of the system.
You have all the signs for a system re-flash. Just happened to me and HarleyGuy fixed me up. It's the second time this has happened to me. Fist since the latest software upgrade.

So you need to re-flash your system software. If you don't have a dealer in Italy, Contact FiskerPhilly. He can ship you one that he can control remotely., Not sure what he charges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.