Attending EV Event in Gorham NH next Weekend (Sept. 13 and 14) - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2014, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Default Attending EV Event in Gorham NH next Weekend (Sept. 13 and 14)

I have signed up to attend the Mount Washington Road ALT Energy Summit in Gorham New Hampshire next weekend. This is a gathering of all sorts of home-made and factory-built EV and Hybrid vehicles and it is sponsored by the state utility, PSNH. Would be great to see and meet any forum members and EV enthusiasts who may be interested in stopping by.

Click on the photo below for the official website:

You can also visit the groups Facebook page.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)

I forwarded that to a friend of mine who lives up,there and worked for A123 .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default New Hampshire Alt Energy Summit

The event went well and we even got some press. What the event lacked in numbers it made up for in enthusiasm. The major sponsor was the New Hampshire Electrical Cooperative and there were a number of solar power vendors exhibiting their wares at the event. The EVs represented included Leafs, Volts, Tesla S, Smart-E, and my Fisker Karma. There were also a number of Electrical Motorcycles and Ebikes. Since the event was not limited to Electrical Cars, there were also a number of Bio-Diesel vehicles. There were also two purpose-built Electric Race vehicles.

As part of the events, we drove up Mount Washington on an 8-mile twisting road that goes up 5000+ feet in elevation. Everyone made it up, including the Ebikes (eventually).

Here are the cars all lined up at the summit:

Both at the summit, and back at the base, the Fisker drew a lot of attention because it was the only one at the event, and a lot of people seemed to be very interested in it and in the fortunes of the company.

My personal favorite vehicle was this one:

I just loved the optimism of the design.

I really enjoyed visiting this part of New Hampshire. The drive there and back was absolutely beautiful, and it reminded me what a comfortable and pleasant environment a Karma provides for a long trip.

This is a much mode modest gathering than any I have attended in California, but it's a start and things can only get better from here.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641

Old 09-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)

Great job representing Fab! Yes, a taste of our not-so-much-EV-enthusiasm embedded here in the Northeast lol. We'll get there eventually...
FiskerPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing Fab that part of New Hampshire is really gods country . Did you get to meet up with Jim ?
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
Thanks for sharing Fab that part of New Hampshire is really gods country . Did you get to meet up with Jim ?
Yes, I did. He came by on Sunday and we had a very nice chat. Thanks for the introduction.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

The organizer just posted this short video of our Parade Lap before driving to the peak, and a few shots of the cars. The parade was one of the quietest car parades ever, except for one car that kept making a spaceship landing noise. Not the greatest cinematography, but entertaining anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zI6uy8Aou0

Old 09-26-2014, 12:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing @Fabulist. The spaceship sound never gets old!

P.S. Have you found your HV battery range to be similar in NH versus CA? I know hills affect range, as well as temperature. Just curious...
Old 09-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATTGAS View Post
Thanks for sharing @Fabulist. The spaceship sound never gets old!

P.S. Have you found your HV battery range to be similar in NH versus CA? I know hills affect range, as well as temperature. Just curious...
I have not noticed a significant reduction in range from San Francisco. I think this is due to a few factors. First, it has not been properly cold yet. The temperatures currently are in the 50s and 60s, which is not that much colder than San Francisco in the summer. Second, the terrain here is totally flat, unlike the hilliness of SF. Third, I drive a lot shorter distances here. My one-way commute is only 7 miles, compared to 30-45 miles in San Francisco.

I suspect that as the temperatures drop lower in the winter, the impact on range is going to be more significant.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Garage

Great post and summary Fab.
Check this out. I am not sure how to start a new thread but i think our fellow Karma owners will be interested. i tried it in the "Tesla Fire" thread.

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/09/29/we...?__federated=1
fiskerjim is offline   Reply With Quote