2016 - National Drive Electric event in Atlanta - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2016, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage
Default 2016 - National Drive Electric event in Atlanta

Calling all Atlanta-area Karma owners
(this means you @Karma 2012 @MartySmith361 @ffcars @fiskxican @AlJOHN @GFN1 @Atl2013 @mudriy @AwesomeRide @joeupshaw @duffman30607 @ACFSCF @Timle @TeamOne and @jomak)

Plug-In America, the Sierra Club and the Electric Auto Association are promoting "National Drive Electric Week" from September 10th through the 18th. The EV Club of the South, a chapter of the EAA, is hosting a Drive Electric event on Saturday, September 10th at Avalon in Alpharetta. (Note that this is a new location from previous years when the event was held at Atlantic Station). The event is an opportunity to show and talk about electric cars, and provide a chance to hear from fellow owners vendors, sponsors and vehicle manufacturers.

Last year's event was lots of fun and drew well over 100 EVs, including three Karmas. I'm planning on attending again this year in my Karma. Come join me! You'll get to meet fellow Fisker owners and the Karma is always a celebrity.

About the event
2016 marks the 6th Annual National Drive Electric Week event in metro Atlanta. This year, the event has a new venue: the incomparable Avalon in Alpharetta, Old Milton exit 10 off the Georgia 400. Avalon represents a new 'city center' community which offers a diverse range of retail and dining for residents and visitors along with metro Atlanta's newest Tesla store and 10 level 2 electric vehicle charging stations installed throughout the venue.

The Drive Electric Week-Alpharetta event will offer spaces for 48 electric vehicles in the high traffic main thoroughfare, along with event sponsor exhibits occupying the unique 'green space' lined by restaurants, cinema and Avalon's Welcome Center.

We have an incredible line up of sponsors this year including:

Presenting Sponsor: Georgia Power
Major Sponsors: Hannah Solar and United BMW Roswell
Supporting Sponsors: EV Club of the South, ChargePoint and MetroPlugIn
National Sponsors: CleanCities [Georgia] and Sierra Club [Georgia Chapter]

Click here to learn more and to register

Reply to this thread if you're interested in attending or have questions!

Brent
Old 09-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage

I updated the sign I used to show off the Karma just in time for the event:
https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/26-...tml#post263257
Old 09-11-2016, 07:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage

I had a great time at the event! I ended up directly in front of the Tesla store in between two Model S sedans. Needless to say, the Karma stands out in that company. I heard from many people that the Karma was their favorite car there, and they were very excited to hear about the rebirth of the Karma Revero.

Here are a bunch of pictures of the event, including plenty of the Karma, my wife and her i3 and about 25 other models of EV:

National Drive Electric Week - Atlanta 2016

Brent