Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - Are Fisker Karma's Reliable?
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 10:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
non sequitur

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by phk818 View Post
when I said my HVAC system is stuck on Defrost Mode, I didn't mean the windshield was fogging. The A/C and Heat work fine. I meant I cant change the Mode for the air to flow out to my feet or the Front Facing Vents. The air only flows out of the Defrost (windshield).

The dealership said its probably the HVAC Mode Actuator or Blend Door Shade Motor but they won't know for sure unless they pull the dash out. I guess I can just learn to live with it. It's not a major issue and I'm definitely not spending $3,000 to have it work correctly.
Yeah, I thought that might be the problem, because that's what happened to me also - the shade tears easily. I paid the $3000 to have it work correctly, and it broke again pretty quickly (6 months?), so I advise others (as I advise you now) to live with it and not shell out the $3K. Instead figure out a way to cover up that vent. This is discussed in more detail with more input at this link:
https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13...-solution.html
Karma #328: Shadow on Monsoon Tri-tone
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote