Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - Are Fisker Karma's Reliable?
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
phk818
New Memeber

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Default Are Fisker Karma's Reliable?

Posted on 12-24-20

First of all, I want to say thanks to everyone on here who posts all of the useful information on here. Very helpful.

Ok on to my question.

Is there such a thing as a reliable 2012 Fisker Karma?

A few weeks ago, I purchased a mint condition Karma (Software Ver. 510) online from the original owner in FL (a car collector) with only 6k original miles on it (I made sure the Vin number was over 1500). He said he recently replaced the Hybrid battery and Contactor #5 (whatever that is).

Iíve only had the car for two weeks and Itís already in the shop!

1. After charging it over night, the car wouldnít start (had a flashing green READY light on the dash). While waiting for AAA to arrive, after an hour the Flashing Green Ready light went away and the car started.

2. The HVAC system is stuck on defrost mode!
3. The high beams donít turn on.
4. The right front turn signal only works sometimes (intermittently).

Iím already thinking about selling it. The Karma mechanic in SF told me ďItís not a Honda CivicĒ. Iím guessing he means there not reliable cars.

Is there such a thing as a "Reliable Fisker Karma"? Does anyone own a Fisker Karma they consider reliable?
phk818 is offline   Reply With Quote