Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - TOM Questions and General Upgrade
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 11:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
jomak
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemicool View Post
Hi all,

I know you guys are busy and probably get tons of questions...but I have a few if you don't mind. I have been thinking of purchasing a Fisker for a few years off and on and I got the bug again recently. I am currently looking at a few candidates. I have some questions regarding TOM and upgrades:

1) I understand the 520 is the better choice of software to use. How do I determine which software a potential car has? Assuming they are all updated, how easy is it to revert back? Is that a software change I can do or do I have to take it to a shop?

2) Where is PwrSource with respect to the battery upgrades?

3) Any other upgrades available regarding inverters and such.

4) Lastly, I found a very cheap Karma that is in fantastic condition with only 10K miles. However, it is showing a P0A27 and P0A29 code. Apparently, not drivable. Is this something that is potentially an easy fix or should I steer clear? If purchased, what price would you say is reasonable for this "problem" car?

I'm a fairly handy guy with respect to cars. I've done all my own work on my BMW i3. Purchasing a "project" is not a problem as I like to tinker. Assuming it's not a "Brick".

Thanks for any answers/ insight you may have.
1) No easy way to tell unless the owner knows. A service center can do it and my understanding is it is not hard and takes several hours. I know my upgrades were free, but not sure if they charge for downgrades.

2) DM him or go to: http://pwr-source.com/

3) I wouldn't mess with the car unless you send it to FiskerPhilly

4) I wouldn't want the headache and honestly you need the Fisker tools to work on these cars. You would be better off sending to FiskerPhilly and crossing your fingers. I would not do it or want the headache and sleepless nights. Buy one that is reliable and has a good history that fits your budget.

There is only so much you can do yourself without the proper software and tools. I have read to many nightmare stories, but I default to guys who actually work on them. If you really want to buy one of these beauties, buy one you know is good and enjoy it.
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote