Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - TOM Questions and General Upgrade
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
chemicool

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default TOM Questions and General Upgrade

Hi all,

I know you guys are busy and probably get tons of questions...but I have a few if you don't mind. I have been thinking of purchasing a Fisker for a few years off and on and I got the bug again recently. I am currently looking at a few candidates. I have some questions regarding TOM and upgrades:

1) I understand the 520 is the better choice of software to use. How do I determine which software a potential car has? Assuming they are all updated, how easy is it to revert back? Is that a software change I can do or do I have to take it to a shop?

2) Where is PwrSource with respect to the battery upgrades?

3) Any other upgrades available regarding inverters and such.

4) Lastly, I found a very cheap Karma that is in fantastic condition with only 10K miles. However, it is showing a P0A27 and P0A29 code. Apparently, not drivable. Is this something that is potentially an easy fix or should I steer clear? If purchased, what price would you say is reasonable for this "problem" car?

I'm a fairly handy guy with respect to cars. I've done all my own work on my BMW i3. Purchasing a "project" is not a problem as I like to tinker. Assuming it's not a "Brick".

Thanks for any answers/ insight you may have.
chemicool is offline   Reply With Quote