Interesting how reluctant the Drako CEO was to say his car was based on a Karma (Jay obviously pretending not to know), but when Jay got him to admit it he was very defensive, in my opinion...
A few other irritations:
- why get rid of the door handles - you have to use keys?
- you have to open the truck to get at the charging ports (the CEO claimed they "could not bear to cut the body panels" - complete BS as the panels come with two nice holes)
- you have to remove the entire hood panel to get at the inverters, cooling etc. - why ever would you do that?
- "not many Fisker components left in this car at all" -
- 150kW charger can fully charge in 30 minutes - hmmm...
Things I liked:
- Jay bumped his head getting into the car, like I do all the time (makes me feel better)
" Jay: "are we getting the full 1200 HP? doesn't feel like it"
- Jay: "all the fun is between 40 and 120" - so what's the point of the Drako?
- The comments on YouTube for the Jay Leno show
are right on the money.
I think I will save mine