Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - Karma going crazy after battery replacement
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 12:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Harleyguy

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
Hello everyone , I am a new member from Finland. I just registered and used the search option but did not find a exactly similar problem so I decided to make a new topic and ask the experts =)

I bought my Fisker Karma model year 2012 as used last summer and drove it till September with no problems at all. After September I have had the car storaged for the Winter in my garage (last 3 months).

The problem is the following. Yesterday I found out that the battery had completely died so according to the instructions on this forum I replaced the old battery with a new Varta E39 12v battery. After connecting the new battery the car started constantly to flash the emergency lights and the lights wont shut off, dashboard lights on the other hand flash on for a couple of seconds in the beginning but then shut down completety, the car cannot be started, the gearbox consol has lights and the gear is on Park, doors cant be opened from the inside and the windows rolled down.

I tried several times to do the hard reset according to the instructions on the forum but it wont help. I also have a basic obd-scanner so i ran it and it found a error code POA7B that according to the scanner refers to some kind of battery energy control module. I was able to erase the error code but after hard resetting the car i comes always back.

Do you have any suggestions what could be the problem and solution to get the car running normally again?

-Timo
I would bet you lost the VCM wakeup signal if the shifter isnt orange and the dash lights don't come on .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote