Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - Should I buy or run
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 03:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nin ja
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrowell View Post
Ultimately it's up to you - any car you look at should be inspected carefully (check out the purchase checklist) but you should be aware that driving a Karma less often (or even one with low mileage) is no guarantee of problem-free ownership. Karma's are temperamental in my opinion, and will punish you for being left un-driven.

Personally, I would feel uncomfortable having no help within a four hour driving radius - putting your car on a transporter to get any work done would probably be over the top (unless you have deep pockets ).

Simon
I drive mine once a week or sometimes every two weeks. In the Winter I keep the car in storage on a trickle charger and plugged in with gas -- but I try to put in some seafoam to help stabilize the fuel. I take it to Fiskerphilly every one or two years. I have TOM installed and 5.20. I have the usual lost settings (seats etc) and have had to reset twice since march 2012 -- During the crisis years, Fiskerphilly did all the RDM work, and other recall items, the cars have managed to stay pretty stable (like most cars - knock on wood).

This last trip to Joe (where he changes the oil and does his multi point diagnostics) on the way home to Virginia, the TOM ER mode did not work as expected - i promptly called Joe and his indicated probably needs to cycled a few times - so I'm confident it's nothing.

Currently I have not been driving it for a bit (traveling), but as stated by Simon, the cars are somewhat fragile and that forces owners to be extra careful - before you BUY, IMO , realize this is more art then car, so make sure your more of a art collector then race car drive and make sure you have the means , otherwise you'll wish you never bought it. ;-)