Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - AC doesn't work and engine overheating
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 10:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Harleyguy

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry1074 View Post
Before replacing the fan I would have the Freon Level checked.

The Fan will not work if your Freon level is low. I replaced my Fan and it still wouldn't work because my Freon was low. Once I had my AC evaluated and recharged the fan worked and everything went back to normal.

You can purchase a brand new fan from FiskerPhilly or I have a used Fan available that I took off my car and replaced with a new one before I found out there was nothing wrong with the fan.

To test the fan you can unplug the connector and use a 12 volt battery with two wires to run current to the fan. It's much easier to check the Freon first by taking car to any shop that service auto air AC systems.

Sam
The key here is his car is also overheating . If the ac wasn’t working because of low Freon he wouldn’t have AC . His also loosing coolant which means the fan isn’t working when the engine temperature goes to high causing the engine to overheat .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote