Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - charger
Fisker Buzz Forums

Thread: charger
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Harleyguy

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansaschic View Post
My charger never shuts off. Today I plugged it in with 45 miles on the clock and 7 hours later it was still running. Could I be overcharging the battery?
The reason your charger doesn’t stop charging is because the charger is trying to balance out the hv battery . More than likely you have one or more battery modules that are bad . The question here is when the hv battery gets down to 10 miles does the miles drop off really fast ?
The hv battery was designed when its fully charged the charger shuts off no reason to stop it from charging all the way to 50 miles . The only way to tell if a module is bad the car needs to be hooked up to the Fisker laptop and hv battery data needs to be checked. This check should also be done when the battery is low on miles .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote