Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - Fisker Karma Options During long-term Storage?
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 02:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Charged in The OC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburnsmi1 View Post
Living in an all seasons climate, (MI) I am interested in your opinion on storing a Karma during the winter months.

With the potential of not being able to drive it as-is during the winter ice/snow months. Potentially Nov-March ... 5 months+ ... Would you leave on a trickle charge for 5 months and be fine? ... start up every couple of weeks in the garage and go nowhere due to snow and be fine? ... remove the 12v battery completely and let the car sit for 5 months and be fine? ... drive with winter wheels/tires as much as possible to keep the car moving and deal with the salt/roads during MI winters and be better off?

Let me know your thoughts and if you are an owner in a climate that you are unable to drive year round.

Thanks
Mike.
I am not in a cold weather party of the country, but for various reasons my Fisker goes months without being driven at times. One of the more recent software updates made it so that the 12 volt battery gets charged when the drive battery is plugged in. So, I have left the car for up to 4 months with just the normal drive battery plugged in. When I would start to drive it, it sometimes takes a bit for all the software to "wake up" but I've not had a problem.
1993 Corvette ZR-1
Charged in The OC is offline   Reply With Quote