Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - Fisker Karma Options During long-term Storage?
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 07:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Harleyguy

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 479 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburnsmi1 View Post
Living in an all seasons climate, (MI) I am interested in your opinion on storing a Karma during the winter months.

With the potential of not being able to drive it as-is during the winter ice/snow months. Potentially Nov-March ... 5 months+ ... Would you leave on a trickle charge for 5 months and be fine? ... start up every couple of weeks in the garage and go nowhere due to snow and be fine? ... remove the 12v battery completely and let the car sit for 5 months and be fine? ... drive with winter wheels/tires as much as possible to keep the car moving and deal with the salt/roads during MI winters and be better off?

Let me know your thoughts and if you are an owner in a climate that you are unable to drive year round.

Thanks
Mike.
Al of the above is a good idea but I wouldnt remove the 12 volt battery you might loose the wakeup signal for the vcm. Plus you don't need to remove it the battery has a disconnect under the hood. If you run the car in the garage you should let it run for the better part of 45 minutes to charge the 12 volt battery.
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote