Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - How many of you have received an entire HV battery change? and what is the outcome?
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 02:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
ufojoe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdavidkl View Post
One of my 15 battery cells is no longer fully charging. The engine light remains on all the time now. The car still charges to 50 miles, but depending on my driving and use of accessories determines when the charge drops off. It was going from 19 miles left to 0 for a while. Recently I've got it going to 14 from 0 miles. Lamborghini/Karma of West Palm quoted me $14,000 for a full battery replacement with a warranty. Going to hold off until the current battery no longer charges. Don't fix it if it's not broken attitude.
Sound like you might have two bad cells. When I have one bad cell, it drops to 0 from around 7-8 miles. When I had two bad cells, it would drop to 0 from mid to high teens.
2012 Fisker Karma EC Earth/Earth #1466
Purchased 3/24/2012
ufojoe is offline   Reply With Quote