Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Fisker Down!

9K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  FiskerPhilly 
#1 ·
12V battery went bad while in storage on a tender. We replaced the battery and now the ignition button doesn't light up or respond. I know it's partially working cause when you push it the door lock button flashes. Have the entrance chime and dash lights up but no ignition. Also the control center is not turning on at all. Did a hard reset with no results. What's next? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

#3 ·
If you start the car do you hear the Tron noise ?
If everything other then the touch screen , the instrument cluster and where you put it into drive has gone dark you lost the VCM wake up signal .

My laptop is on its way to Az for the same problem where are you located and do you have internet access where the car is stuck ?

#9 ·
I read this blog and I believe I have the same problem.
However, my car is in my garage at my house in Terre Haute, IN. The closest dealer is in Chicago, IL. After 2 weeks of trying, no truck will come pick it up. i did find a carrier that for $1000 would try to come pick it up to take to Chicago. Any chance someone has some way (laptop?) to help me reprogram the ?body control module? so that the car will wake up ? Briefly, the car powers on, I hear the tron noise, a pump noise, but PRND lights do not come on, instrument cluster does not come on. This happened after car sat for a few weeks then when repowered with a jump pack it kept dying because the jump pack was weak as well from sitting. So I believe the partial boot up may have happened.

#13 · (Edited)
Karma626, were you able to get your car going? I have the exact issue which also happened while on a trickle charge. After battery replacement, the car just doesn't respond to the start button so I cannot get to accessory mode. I would really like to resolve the issue without a flatbed trip to the Denver dealer but I do have that option as a last resort.

See picture:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/182937330@N03/48378325061/in/dateposted-public/

#17 ·
Not yet. The local karma dealership won’t service the 2012 Fisker Karma. Very poor customer experience as it took many calls before I was able to get someone to talk to. Said they would call me back then never did. Finally, got in touch with them again (after many left messages) then they said they don’t service the Fisker Karma.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.