Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - Karma vs EMotion
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 02:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
LonePalmBJ
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
I'm astounded that Henrik could have a car on the road, after coming out of nowhere only a few short months ago with the design, and beat Karma Automotive to the punch despite KA having the backing of a Chinese Billionaire, and recently spending $56M on purchasing its HQ in California: http://www.ocregister.com/2017/04/07...56-25-million/.
Well, "debut" and "available for purchase" are very different things. Remember, the Fisker Karma debuted in January of 2008 at the NA International Auto Show but first customer deliveries didn't start until four years later. I was in the first wave of orders and I took delivery in February 2012. (The first retail deliveries happened in November of 2011). For all of its delay, KA is way ahead of Fisker, Inc. in terms of having a car actually on the market and available for purchase.