Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - Fisker Coupe/Convertible
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 01:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
SoloKae

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
This looks stunning!

2 questions:
Doesn't Karma need a B pillar?
If the doors are that long, what is the expected space in a parking lot?
Working through some of this still with engineering. In its simplest form, it requires a B pillar to C pillar conversion obviously to stretch the doors. Flirting with the appropriate execution to gain an alike aesthetic result. The Karma is so long hat I do think this just looks gorgeous which is why I am pursuing this. Parking lot space--the engineer has actually recommended looking at suicide doors--I think that takes away the elegance though. Clearance with a door that length will be more challenging, but I'm not parking my existing Karma in a compact spot ina parking garage or anyplace where I'm wedging out from my door now, so that much I'd just cope with...and smile every time I walk up to the thing!

KA doesn't appear to be terribly progressive yet, but I'd love to have them see this executed, gain an audience and look at producing cars that are similar but different enough to capture new buyers. A Sunset, a Coupe, the Surf--I'm surprised with all that investment they didn't have a car that was a differentiator to the space? A coupe with 100 mile battery life as a hybrid--it pulls a Tesla driver over and I'd venture to guess this design would be working against a new LC500 Hybrid. Right now, the Revero is just a Karma. His rendering here is a sexier Jag XK gone electric.
SoloKae is offline   Reply With Quote