Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - Fisker Coupe/Convertible
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 11:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
SoloKae

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
I have always been interested in having a convertible Karma (or Sunset), but I am not sure how could convert a Karma into a coupe. Would that involve shortening the car's wheel base? A 2-door Karma with the same wheel base would look out of proportion, IMHO, but maybe I am missing the picture.
I'll have a preliminary mock-up soon in photo form. I really want to do this right if moving forward and one of my concerns was actually the wheelbase being too long. After viewing the Buick Avista concept however (that will also never go into direct production), the profile inspired me. The lengthier wheelbase if having the doors scoop back another 30 to 34 percent may actually set it off--would be pretty dramatic. Conceptually, I may explore having a inverted bowed door with a slightly aggressive bottom line that coincides with some of the diamond elements of the car (a la the Acura Precision concept car doors, but softer): http://www.automobilemag.com/news/th...-up-on-design/

Will share on this thread when drafted to gain some thoughts, then refine a bit.
SoloKae is offline   Reply With Quote