How many Karma owners sold their car and purchased a Model S? - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2013, 12:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Default How many Karma owners sold their car and purchased a Model S?

Curious to know how many former Karma owners purchased a Model S? I know a few people personally who have done this and was curious if this was a pretty common scenario.
smoothoperator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

My wife and I looked at a model S last weekend. we were rather disappointed with the car. She liked the outside but the interior was uncomfortable and looked cheap for a $100k vehicle. We both left the store hoping the Atlantic is an option one day. The Karma is still my daily driver.

#49 with 15K miles so far.
Owner Karma #49 SE,
2013 Chevy Volt
2008 Audi R8 V8
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
ejo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothoperator View Post
Curious to know how many former Karma owners purchased a Model S? I know a few people personally who have done this and was curious if this was a pretty common scenario.
If there are any, they probably aren't monitoring this board very frequently.
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothoperator View Post
Those few members whose vision loss hasn't yet progressed to total blindness, are having trouble gaining access to computer terminals at their county mental health facility.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Karma View Post
Those few members whose vision loss hasn't yet progressed to total blindness, are having trouble gaining access to computer terminals at their county mental health facility.
That's way too harsh. The Model S is not really ugly, it's just bland. I think this level of opprobrium should be reserved for those who go from a Karma to a Porsche Panamera. That's like divorcing Brooklyn Decker to marry Susan Boyle for her health insurance.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

i looked at the model s yesterday. Have to say the leather quality did not inpress

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 08-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
That's way too harsh. The Model S is not really ugly, it's just bland. I think this level of opprobrium should be reserved for those who go from a Karma to a Porsche Panamera. That's like divorcing Brooklyn Decker to marry Susan Boyle for her health insurance.
Given the choice, I would pick the panamera plug-in any day over the tesla. It may have a big butt, but at least it has character and a pedigree. The stylish interior of the panamera and its handling capability make up for its exterior design flaw. The low budget interior of the tesla compliments its plane jane appearance. Maybe not as green as a tesla (if you drive more than 25 miles), but the Porsche has a soul.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage

I've driven my Karma 10,000 miles in 18 months and my Model S 5,000 miles in 9 months. I'm finding that I drive the Model S more and more and the Karma less and less. Why?

1) I'm always driving electric in the Model S. I don't like it when the Karma's ICE comes on, so I only use it for short trips.

2) The Model S is a much more practical car for rear seat passengers, trunk space etc.

3) Carpool access is really important in the Bay Area and the Model S has those white stickers. Its also really nice to have the traffic data displayed, even when you are not navigating to a particular destination.

4) The acceleration is awesome.

5) With a 210 mile practical range, I have zero range anxiety. I never drive that far in a day, so I can always just charge at home at night.

I don't like the interior of the Model S, but I have gotten used to it, like I've gotten used to the substandard UI in the Karma. And I don't like the handling, but plan on getting the P+ suspension retrofit when it is available. I've test driven the P+ twice and it handles as well or better than the M5 and the Karma.

The Karma definitely turns more heads and has a more luxurious interior. But in the end I've concluded I'm a function over form kind of guy. And that explains why I'm driving the Model S more and why I own a McLaren 12C and not a Ferrari 458. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis View Post
I've driven my Karma 10,000 miles in 18 months and my Model S 5,000 miles in 9 months. I'm finding that I drive the Model S more and more and the Karma less and less. Why?

1) I'm always driving electric in the Model S. I don't like it when the Karma's ICE comes on, so I only use it for short trips.

2) The Model S is a much more practical car for rear seat passengers, trunk space etc.

3) Carpool access is really important in the Bay Area and the Model S has those white stickers. Its also really nice to have the traffic data displayed, even when you are not navigating to a particular destination.

4) The acceleration is awesome.

5) With a 210 mile practical range, I have zero range anxiety. I never drive that far in a day, so I can always just charge at home at night.

I don't like the interior of the Model S, but I have gotten used to it, like I've gotten used to the substandard UI in the Karma. And I don't like the handling, but plan on getting the P+ suspension retrofit when it is available. I've test driven the P+ twice and it handles as well or better than the M5 and the Karma.
All this plus you still have a warranty if something breaks instead of Paddington Posawatz and his employees hibernating for the summer.
smoothoperator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

the panamera looks better then the model s.
I would never trade the karma for a model s. Maybe would get the model x for second car but maybe then there are some more to choose from.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App