Question for Revero Owners - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2019, 12:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Deep Ocean in ATL

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)

I am going to stick my neck out here.... but none the less, here goes:

I appreciate K.A.'s support provided after Fisker's bankruptcy proceedings. The K.A. Customer Appreciation Program (CAP) helped fix a number of issues the court assigned "warranty" funds would not have covered -- like my RDM installation, muffler replacement, software fixes and CIU water intrusion fix. They also put in place Authorized Support Service and Sales centers and financially restored the faith for dealers and part suppliers to stay the course. I understand that it doesn't have the coverage everyone wanted, but it is far better than the alternative -- nothing!

That said, the Revero wasn't the car I needed; partially because it was too close to what I have in my Karma (candidly, the CAP partially made that the case) and secondly, it lacked the technologies that emerged since the Karma was released in 2012. My dealer here continued support Fisker Customers in the "dark days" between Fisker Bankruptcy and the emergence Karma Automotive. K.A. didn't give Fisker owners everything on our wish list, but they gave more than required. For that I remain grateful for K.A.'s support and the emergence of the Revero which buoys my Fisker's resale value. Candidly, I find it odd that all those who were looking for any "life raft" after Fisker failed, who took what K.A. gave are now complaining. Should K.A. fail, the remaining Fiskers' value will most likely diminish greatly.

My thanks to K.A.
AlJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:16 AM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlJOHN View Post
I am going to stick my neck out here.... but none the less, here goes:
My thanks to K.A.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. Those of us that were around during the dark days understand how bad it could have been. K.A. saved us in a lot of ways. I will always be grateful for their over and beyond efforts.
Your reasoning for not buying a Revero is exactly the same as mine. I just wanted something different. That's why I sold my Karma and bought a Rapide (which I love). The Karma entertained me from the day in January I placed my $5K down on a dream of a Signature Edition. And, it was an interesting journey until I sold it at the end of 2018. I've never had a car that kept me interested for that long.
Also, I want to say that this forum has been a lifesaver so often in the last 10 years. This community has been such a blessing and without you all I would have lived a life of anxiety in regards to my daily driver. Thank you.
Keep motoring. Keep these beautiful cars on the road.
Cheers,
Sigurd
Signature Edition Karma #72
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with you. Those of us that were around during the dark days understand how bad it could have been. K.A. saved us in a lot of ways. I will always be grateful for their over and beyond efforts.
Your reasoning for not buying a Revero is exactly the same as mine. I just wanted something different. That's why I sold my Karma and bought a Rapide (which I love). The Karma entertained me from the day in January I placed my $5K down on a dream of a Signature Edition. And, it was an interesting journey until I sold it at the end of 2018. I've never had a car that kept me interested for that long.
Also, I want to say that this forum has been a lifesaver so often in the last 10 years. This community has been such a blessing and without you all I would have lived a life of anxiety in regards to my daily driver. Thank you.
Cheers,
Sigurd

Yea the dark days were not good.. Used to be on here, as a new owner, back then under a different username(2011-ish) till I got involved with FATG (Fisker Automotive & Technology Group) to try to enact some improvements.
When I was with FATG, I hired Joost DeVries (I knew him from Tesla) in 2014 under the hopes that he could implement fixes for a lot of the issues that were uncovered after FA went BK.

There was huge push-back from individuals, within Karma (FATG back then), who would point at the fact that there had been no field failures since they went dark (which was almost a year at that point). This was obviously a failed premise as once a company goes dark there is no way to tabulate failure points as the dealers were on their own and there was no mechanism to give active feedback to the few people that were left. I think there were 8 people when I joined... something like that

When at FATG, we actually were able to find major issues with the 2012 cars, including the RDM which had issues with the pinion backing off among other issues (all dismissed by the engineers). There was significant push-back from engineers saying that Tremec claimed that the crush sleeve was merely an assembly aid. The whole unit was designed by Ricardo and there was not a proper FMEA done on it. But I digress.

Can go on and on and on. But the fact of the matter is that the warranty money was all part of the BK settlement. Nothing to do with Karma themselves... This was required as part of them purchasing the Fisker estate and the assets. This was not done out of independent goodwill but the way the BK purchase was setup. It all ended up good though as while FA/FATG was dark major fixes were found and implemented when the BK mandated warranty period was in effect.

If not, it is likely the same old defective RDM's would have been deployed and the same issues would have recurred.

Personally, just glad that most of the issues were hashed out during the dark days because previously it was thought there were no issues at all (other than the incorrect grade spline material from JJE). Just some flavor
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2019, 08:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
Cheers,
Sigurd
I still want a KARMA Coupe 2+2 or a Sunset 2+2. I'm surprised KA has not produced that Atlantic, was FA dreaming when they said it was 95% done?
Old 03-01-2019, 09:15 AM   #15 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
Yea the dark days were not good.. Used to be on here, as a new owner, back then under a different username(2011-ish) till I got involved with FATG (Fisker Automotive & Technology Group) to try to enact some improvements.
When I was with FATG, I hired Joost DeVries (I knew him from Tesla) in 2014 under the hopes that he could implement fixes for a lot of the issues that were uncovered after FA went BK.

There was huge push-back from individuals, within Karma (FATG back then), who would point at the fact that there had been no field failures since they went dark (which was almost a year at that point). This was obviously a failed premise as once a company goes dark there is no way to tabulate failure points as the dealers were on their own and there was no mechanism to give active feedback to the few people that were left. I think there were 8 people when I joined... something like that

When at FATG, we actually were able to find major issues with the 2012 cars, including the RDM which had issues with the pinion backing off among other issues (all dismissed by the engineers). There was significant push-back from engineers saying that Tremec claimed that the crush sleeve was merely an assembly aid. The whole unit was designed by Ricardo and there was not a proper FMEA done on it. But I digress.

Can go on and on and on. But the fact of the matter is that the warranty money was all part of the BK settlement. Nothing to do with Karma themselves... This was required as part of them purchasing the Fisker estate and the assets. This was not done out of independent goodwill but the way the BK purchase was setup. It all ended up good though as while FA/FATG was dark major fixes were found and implemented when the BK mandated warranty period was in effect.

If not, it is likely the same old defective RDM's would have been deployed and the same issues would have recurred.

Personally, just glad that most of the issues were hashed out during the dark days because previously it was thought there were no issues at all (other than the incorrect grade spline material from JJE). Just some flavor
Very interesting, and all information that I didnít know.

Thanks for sharing.
EasyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post
I still want a KARMA Coupe 2+2 or a Sunset 2+2. I'm surprised KA has not produced that Atlantic, was FA dreaming when they said it was 95% done?
Not going to happen they have now outsourced design to pinanfarina, the Fisker design language in Karma products will be gone after K1 platform facelift.

The atlantic was just a shell and never really moved ever. FA had some CNC'd chassis mules but nothing even close to a running prototype. BMW also cheated them by sending them the wrong engines that had the wrong exhaust manifolds. It is in the bankruptcy documents.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
Not going to happen they have now outsourced design to pinanfarina, the Fisker design language in Karma products will be gone after K1 platform facelift.

The atlantic was just a shell and never really moved ever. FA had some CNC'd chassis mules but nothing even close to a running prototype. BMW also cheated them by sending them the wrong engines that had the wrong exhaust manifolds. It is in the bankruptcy documents.
That's typical for FA -- well one thing is promising, KA using pinafarina, great shop - sexy designs, Fiat Dino, Alfa Romeo Giulia 1600 and one of my favorites Dino 206 GT -- maybe in the end it will work out.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)

this has turned into an interesting thread.

i will echo the sentiment that without this site, i would not be able to own this car.

i was driving it again today as my daily, put on about 50 miles today, and was thinking how much i loved it, and how well it works now that i have spent the time and money to get it right - which again would not have been possible without the people contributing here, AND the fact that KA has continued to help us out.
rosssr is offline   Reply With Quote