Tesla Model S order - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Default Tesla Model S order

Yesterday my wife and I configured her Model S Signature at the Santana Row Tesla store. She opted for the Performance model in pearl white with carbon fiber trim to make it look sportier. It was interesting that this fully optioned "$50K" car had an out-the-door price that was only $4000 less than the "$100K" Karma.

We were #672 on the Signature reservation list and delivery is scheduled for September. In two weeks she will get the opportunity for a test drive at the Fremont factory. I will be away, but our son is happy to go in my place.

dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Default RE: Tesla Model S order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis
Yesterday my wife and I configured her Model S Signature at the Santana Row Tesla store. She opted for the Performance model in pearl white with carbon fiber trim to make it look sportier. It was interesting that this fully optioned "$50K" car had an out-the-door price that was only $4000 less than the "$100K" Karma.

We were #672 on the Signature reservation list and delivery is scheduled for September. In two weeks she will get the opportunity for a test drive at the Fremont factory. I will be away, but our son is happy to go in my place.
It would be great if he could take his video camera with him.
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Dennis I will be very interested to hear how you like your model S, so please keep us posted (here or the Tesla buzz). We are a lot lower on the reservation list, so it will be awhile. But I already noticed that the fully configured price would be pretty close to the Karma. We might prefer to have a second Karma!
EVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage

Dennis - jealous! I'd love to have the stable of cars you do! Congrats on the Model S - curious what your wife's thoughts are in terms of how it handles compared to the Karma (has she driven your Karma?)
SoCalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote