Fisker Buzz Forums banner

chrome wheels

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  MArkansas 
#1 ·
Here are the pic's of my chrome wheels. Anyone interested in buying my originals below dealer cost call me 479-970-1888. These are also my proof of car purchase photo's. Fit and Finish is perfect inside and out. The only software issue I have is the check engine light. I guess I have good Karma! I am tinting and clear bra -ing next. #1383

See less See more
#2 ·
Very distinctive color, congratulations. I hope the law firm whose sign you used as a backdrop handles traffic citations because there is no way to look inconspicuous while moving briskly in a Karma that is painted Inferno Red. :D

#4 ·
WOJO said:
Car looks awesome with Chrome Wheels. I just love that extra step you took to make your Karma stand out from other Karma's.
SHARP !
Thanks

[hr]
Fabulist said:
Very distinctive color, congratulations. I hope the law firm whose sign you used as a backdrop handles traffic citations because there is no way to look inconspicuous while moving briskly in a Karma that is painted Inferno Red. :D
That would be my Law Firm. My 83 year old mother called to tell me not to drive the car with out my personalized MOBLEY license plate stating that the police would stop me not knowing who I am just to find out what kind of car it is. I only live 8 miles from my office so I ignored her warning to get pic's for the buzz. As usual mom was right I didn't make it 4 miles before I saw blue lights. Out of meanness I continued on another 4 miles with the cop in tow and before I reached my office he had 2 backup cars behind me because I did not stop. The look on the officers face was priceless when he saw me park in front of my sign and step out of the car. The first thing he did was to apologize for stopping me as he did not recognize me. The second thing he did was to rest his hand on my car. What happened next was not pretty. I asked him if he had just put his hand on my car? He said yes he always does that when he stops someone. Although I am a very easy going I was Pi..ed! I told him that if he felt the need to write me a ticket get it done but to keep his f...ing hands off of my car. I informed him in not so polite terms that I just finished spending 2 days and 300.00 detailing all of the fingerprints off of may car just minutes before he put his hand there. The 2 other officers that showed up as backup are clients of mine. They stood in the background and snickered at the ass chewing that I handed out as I instructed the officer to get off of my property which he did quickly. No ticket. In hindsight I should have taken a picture of the 3 cop cars parked behind my Karma all with blue lights on in front of my sign. Unfortunately I was so mad I was seeing Inferno at the time.

#5 ·
MArkansas said:
[hr]
Fabulist said:
That would be my Law Firm. My 83 year old mother called to tell me not to drive the car with out my personalized MOBLEY license plate stating that the police would stop me not knowing who I am just to find out what kind of car it is. I only live 8 miles from my office so I ignored her warning to get pic's for the buzz. As usual mom was right I didn't make it 4 miles before I saw blue lights. Out of meanness I continued on another 4 miles with the cop in tow and before I reached my office he had 2 backup cars behind me because I did not stop. The look on the officers face was priceless when he saw me park in front of my sign and step out of the car. The first thing he did was to apologize for stopping me as he did not recognize me. The second thing he did was to rest his hand on my car. What happened next was not pretty. I asked him if he had just put his hand on my car? He said yes he always does that when he stops someone. Although I am a very easy going I was Pi..ed! I told him that if he felt the need to write me a ticket get it done but to keep his f...ing hands off of my car. I informed him in not so polite terms that I just finished spending 2 days and 300.00 detailing all of the fingerprints off of may car just minutes before he put his hand there. The 2 other officers that showed up as backup are clients of mine. They stood in the background and snickered at the ass chewing that I handed out as I instructed the officer to get off of my property which he did quickly. No ticket. In hindsight I should have taken a picture of the 3 cop cars parked behind my Karma all with blue lights on in front of my sign. Unfortunately I was so mad I was seeing Inferno at the time.
Nicely done brother lawyer. Nice to know that there are still places in this country where a man's property is his castle. Needless to say, I would not dare pull a stunt like that here in Silicon Valley but you are inspiration, all the same.

#6 ·
Fabulist said:
MArkansas said:
[hr]
Fabulist said:
Nicely done brother lawyer. Nice to know that there are still places in this country where a man's property is his castle. Needless to say, I would not dare pull a stunt like that here in Silicon Valley but you are inspiration, all the same.
Thanks for the kind comments. I'm not particularly proud of the whole deal and it was outside of my normal character and won't work often around here either. I make it a point to treat all of law enforcement with respect as I was raised until I reach the courtroom. We all have our jobs to do. I think the officer was bumfuzzeled by my change in character as well.

#7 ·
MArkansas said:
WOJO said:
Car looks awesome with Chrome Wheels. I just love that extra step you took to make your Karma stand out from other Karma's.
SHARP !
Thanks

[hr]
Fabulist said:
I wonder what a New York City police officer would do to me if I had the balls to handle it in a similar way. It would be difficult to tell him to get out of my office which is on the 27th floor! Feels good though to hear that my brethren in other parts of this great country can and do handle this type of situation with such great style!

#8 ·
Adbokat said:
MArkansas said:
WOJO said:
SHARP !
Thanks

[hr]
Fabulist said:
I wonder what a New York City police officer would do to me if I had the balls to handle it in a similar way. It would be difficult to tell him to get out of my office which is on the 27th floor! Feels good though to hear that my brethren in other parts of this great country can and do handle this type of situation with such great style!
I asked around to other officers what kind of superstition,voodoo etc... compelled the officer to do what he did. Apparently officers are trained to touch a stopped vehicle in order to place fingerprint and DNA at the scene in case of their disappearance. I don't know if that makes matters better or worse as he recognized me before he acted. What the hell did he think I was going to do a magical disappearance act on him on main street in front of my office with 2 backup officers?? I told the senior officer that explained things to me that it sounded like a self fulfilling prophecy to me. Creating the problem. Oh well still not proud of loosing my cool I prefer to be calm under fire. Thanks for the support!

#10 ·
kabalah70 said:
Interesting stories about the stop and the reason for the touching. Try to learn something new every day, my dad says.
My Dad would have said thats why we call it the "practice of law". Both of our Dads are right! However I just remembered that my mom is the one that predicted everything in advance except the touching. Gotta give mom the real credit, I should-a listened!

#11 ·
"I have always been fascinated with the law, sir." Hahaha, great movie.
I am seriously thinking about Penn State law when I retire. I just finished my MBA and thought environmental law and/or intellectual property would be interesting.

#12 ·
kabalah70 said:
"I have always been fascinated with the law, sir." Hahaha, great movie.
I am seriously thinking about Penn State law when I retire. I just finished my MBA and thought environmental law and/or intellectual property would be interesting.
As I was told by an old ,old time Med Doc recently his profession and mine were now for hobbiest retiree's at this point. He sure would not recommend doing either for a primary living anymore. A lot of wisdom in his alzheimer words!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.