help, some problems - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2019, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default help, some problems

Hello,

On our Fisker, we have apparently 2 problems:

When the engine starts, after 15 to 20 kilometers, the MIL light flashes and an orange triangle lights up; when passing the computer, we have the fault codes:
E8 P0A7B
E8 P0300
E8 P0301
E8 P0304
E8 P0302
E8 P0303

When the triangle comes on, the engine goes out and we go back to 100% electric. I noticed that by unplugging the plug that is on the right wing (only one big connector in a big black plug), the engine can restart immediately and work properly for several kilometers. Then everything starts again ... and so on

We are sorry if the questions have been asked, but it is not easy to understand everything with Google Translate, sometimes the translation does not mean anything!
Caro et David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
2012 White Eco Sport 2348

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Garage

I think you have the coupler problem. Look that up in this forum. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro et David View Post
Hello,

On our Fisker, we have apparently 2 problems:

When the engine starts, after 15 to 20 kilometers, the MIL light flashes and an orange triangle lights up; when passing the computer, we have the fault codes:
E8 P0A7B
E8 P0300
E8 P0301
E8 P0304
E8 P0302
E8 P0303

When the triangle comes on, the engine goes out and we go back to 100% electric. I noticed that by unplugging the plug that is on the right wing (only one big connector in a big black plug), the engine can restart immediately and work properly for several kilometers. Then everything starts again ... and so on

We are sorry if the questions have been asked, but it is not easy to understand everything with Google Translate, sometimes the translation does not mean anything!
t4579ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you for the answer.
In fact, it's only a clutch?
Is it difficult to change? where can we find the parts?
Do you think a garage can do the repair because the nearest garage is 7 hours of roads otherwise I have to go to the Nederland at 14 hours drive!

Do you have a repair tutorial? Especially since I see that it is a known problem!

Thank you

Old 10-08-2019, 07:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Quote:
Thank you for the answer.
In fact, it's only a clutch?
Is it difficult to change? where can we find the parts?
Do you think a garage can do the repair because the nearest garage is 7 hours of roads otherwise I have to go to the Nederland at 14 hours drive!

Do you have a repair tutorial? Especially since I see that it is a known problem!

Thank you

Yes, it’s difficult and expensive / very time-consuming to change the coupler…

Many hours of work and needs to be done by a Fisker-certified auto repair shop or a skilled mechanics who understands Fisker Karma and the “unique” technology behind the car.

You need to remove the HV battery (400 volt and and it weighs about 270 kilos) and the whole petrol engine including the generator. The you have to separate the generator from the engine in order to change the coupler.

You can by a new coupler (it's not that expensive) at Kroymans.
https://kroymans.nl/onze-merken/fisker/
SirCastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

With that said regarding the coupler, you should start with determine the software version on your Karma and the status of you 12 volt as well as the HV battery.

Your problem may well have to do with a software problem or a combination of coupler, software and battery problems.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCastic View Post
With that said regarding the coupler, you should start with determine the software version on your Karma and the status of you 12 volt as well as the HV battery.

Your problem may well have to do with a software problem or a combination of coupler, software and battery problems.
How can i check my software version on my Karma and the status of my 12 volt as well as the HV battery ?
Old 10-08-2019, 09:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
How can i check my software version on my Karma and the status of my 12 volt as well as the HV battery ?
Search the forum regarding "software version".
Google has tons of information on how to check your 12-volt battery.

Anyway, there is really just one way to tell software version and it is to connect a Fisker computer (Prodis WDI) to the car and that also applies to checking the status of your HV battery.

It's also important to check the status of the 12-volt battery, all computers in the car is depending on the status of that battery. And you definitely don't want to lose the wake up signal from the VCM, be careful when troubleshooting…
Old 10-08-2019, 03:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

I do not know anyone with a Fisker computer! I have a computer with the default code reader (Delphi), but there is no Fisker in the software. I am using another model of electric vehicle.

In fact, it seems to be alone in the world with a Fisker that requires maintenance!

There is no way to have this information with the car's computer. On my other vehicles, I have access to all this information with the on-board computer!

I will continue to search on the internet if there is a solution to obtain this information!
Old 10-12-2019, 12:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hello, yesterday I used the car. I started immediately in "Sport" mode. It worked well for 15 kilometers. Then we heard a noise at the front engine compartment, sound for 2 - 3 seconds, and then it went into error. After a gastronomic stop of one hour and a half, we restarted and the error did not appear any more. We went back to electric mode.
Do you think that validates the coupler problem? because as I have to do between 9 and 13 hours of roads to get to the garage for repair, I prefer to be on before taking the road.
Thank you very much...
Old 11-11-2019, 07:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fisker Technician

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This definitely sounds like a coupler issue. The parts that get replaced in this repair is the coupler (really a clutch plate with all the friction material removed) and the coupler shaft (not usually necessary, but the amount of work required to get to this point justifies reverentially replacing the shaft). The coupler is attached to the back of the engine, and the shaft connects the coupler to generator. I can give you the repair instructions on performing this repair, but believe me, it's not for the faint of heart. The parts are rather inexpensive compared to the labor hours required.
drambomotors.com
DramboMotors is offline   Reply With Quote