Miles Actually Achieved in Stealth Seem Very Low - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2019, 06:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default Miles Actually Achieved in Stealth Seem Very Low

Hi!
When I drive in Stealth, it seems that the remaining miles drop far faster than miles traveled - if I had to guess, I seem to be getting 10 miles before its at 25 remaining. It also doesn't seem to "switch" to Sport when I hit 27. For this reason, I always drive in Sport and everything seems to work fine. The other day, I didn't drive in sport and suddenly realized the battery had almost nothing left... it ended up turning red and giving me a warning. I got home and it turned back to white right as I was pulling into my driveway (I assume because of braking... much of the trip until then was uphill). Does it sound like I have a battery issue? Is there anything I can do to extend the life of the HV if I am seeing deterioration issues (if that is what this is)?
SactoKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 479 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoKarma View Post
Hi!
When I drive in Stealth, it seems that the remaining miles drop far faster than miles traveled - if I had to guess, I seem to be getting 10 miles before its at 25 remaining. It also doesn't seem to "switch" to Sport when I hit 27. For this reason, I always drive in Sport and everything seems to work fine. The other day, I didn't drive in sport and suddenly realized the battery had almost nothing left... it ended up turning red and giving me a warning. I got home and it turned back to white right as I was pulling into my driveway (I assume because of braking... much of the trip until then was uphill). Does it sound like I have a battery issue? Is there anything I can do to extend the life of the HV if I am seeing deterioration issues (if that is what this is)?
If the battery gauge goes into the red you have one or modules bad of going bad . If your driving on battery and when it reaches 10 miles left and drop down to zero within a mile or less itís also another indicator you have module problems .

If you start out in engine the battery will drop to 27 miles regardless itís the way it was designed. We always advise to start in stealth mode for that reason . Why waste gas and electric.
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Yikes... that doesn't sound good at all . The ten to zero symptom sounds about right - is it a possibility that it's just the module? What are the odds of finding an OBCM? This is a lesson to those interested in buying a Karma... have it checked out first. I bought this a few months ago and have only driven it a handful of times. Bummer.
SactoKarma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2019, 08:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I have the same issue, as the engine light is now always on. Had the battery tested and found one of the cells is going. Dealer recommended waiting until a second or third cell goes bad as the battery removal and installation is $2K, plus the cost of the cell, around $1,800 each. My miles drop off at around 15 remaining miles. Only have 20K miles on my car. Was hoping the battery was going to either last until 10 years or 100k miles like the owners manual specified. I guess not. Lamborghini of West Palm is quoting me $14K for a total battery replacement. Ouch.
Wdavidkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoKarma View Post
Yikes... that doesn't sound good at all . The ten to zero symptom sounds about right - is it a possibility that it's just the module? What are the odds of finding an OBCM? This is a lesson to those interested in buying a Karma... have it checked out first. I bought this a few months ago and have only driven it a handful of times. Bummer.

Has the car ben standing still for a long time..?
It is most likely a case of one or to modules going bad as described by Harleyguy (he is very knowledgeable).

But don't despair (yet), try this for a repairÖ It can also be a case of battery module (there are 15 modules in you HV battery pack) or cell in battery module being out of balance due to deep discharging. Try to cycle the battery pack a few times by driving it down to zero (not red!) on the battery meter and recharge to full (let it charge undisturbed).
SirCastic is offline   Reply With Quote