Requesting TOM installation... - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2018, 11:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
ArtguySD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Default Requesting TOM installation...

Hello Fisker Karma owners... I have sent several emails to PowerSource's contact Ken... No answer as of yet... Is PoweSource still installing the TOM units?
Thank you!
__________________
Deep Ocean Blue E.S. Tri-Tone Canyon brown
ArtguySD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 03:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
buzinvest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: (30 min. S. of Cleveland, Ohio)
Posts: 347
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
Default

Thanks for your service, Semper Fi
__________________
Buzinvest
Signature Car #13, Silver Mirage, Tri-Tone Mohave
buzinvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Early Adopter
 
Nin ja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,245
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtguySD View Post
Hello Fisker Karma owners... I have sent several emails to PowerSource's contact Ken... No answer as of yet... Is PoweSource still installing the TOM units?
Thank you!
i had mine installed by Fiskerphilly (aka Joe Ferrante) , Powersource ships it to him or you. I had mine shipped to me and I went up to Joe's place and had him installed with the regular scheduled maintenance I do from time to time. I had 5.35, but dropped it down to 5.20 cause I wanted the 5.20 version (had more features) GREAT PRODUCT and works like a champ.

I think he still sells them, but he is very careful on who he ships it to to protect his intellectual property -- the new KARMA automotive tried to pull a fast one on them. they are good people over there at Powersource!
__________________
Karma Ecosport eclipse / dune
Nin ja is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 10-04-2018, 03:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
HybridFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post
i had mine installed by Fiskerphilly (aka Joe Ferrante) , Powersource ships it to him or you. I had mine shipped to me and I went up to Joe's place and had him installed with the regular scheduled maintenance I do from time to time. I had 5.35, but dropped it down to 5.20 cause I wanted the 5.20 version (had more features) GREAT PRODUCT and works like a champ.

I think he still sells them, but he is very careful on who he ships it to to protect his intellectual property -- the new KARMA automotive tried to pull a fast one on them. they are good people over there at Powersource!
I have been thinking about doing this as well this month. However I have BL535.... what are the extra features with the TOM BL520?
__________________
Deep Ocean/Earth Tri-Tone Eco-Chic VIN#1506 May Good Karma Be With U Always!
HybridFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FiskerPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,084
Mentioned: 160 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Default

The TOM functions much better on BL520. The main difference is that BL535 will shut the car off if its left running in charge(ER) mode with TOM. BL520 you can leave it in ER mode sitting in the driveway and itll charge the HV at 9kw. That feature isnt possible w 535.
And yes @ArtguySD we still install them.
__________________
EVolution Autosports
EV & Hybrid Performance
Fisker Specialists
[email protected]
FiskerPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
HybridFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Default

Does it shut the car off right away!?:/ so is bl520 the best software to run in general? I’m starting to think the others after it are beta like BL530 & 35. Correct me if I’m wrong please.
__________________
Deep Ocean/Earth Tri-Tone Eco-Chic VIN#1506 May Good Karma Be With U Always!
HybridFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
ss89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Stuart,FL
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Default T.O.M. Module

Not only is TOM module more expensive but absolutely less capable. Had been running 535 prior to purchasing TOM module. Ordered 520 version , TOM module , had 535 reverted to 520 installed. 4000 miles since, works fantastically, one of the best features is ER , lock car if you wish in ER mode will add up to 25 miles in hour of running. Not sure what fuel burn in an hour at that idle speed but I would think fairly minimal. Somebody has probably figured it out by now. Also if you get the TOM module as noted in a previous comment on site, if you want to hold or add miles in town for instance , running in EV mode as opposed to ER much smoother, quieter , does not surge to same degree. On highway ER works just fine and wind noise cancels out more of engine noise. Just my 2 Cents. SS
ss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Early Adopter
 
Nin ja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,245
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss89 View Post
Not only is TOM module more expensive but absolutely less capable. Had been running 535 prior to purchasing TOM module. Ordered 520 version , TOM module , had 535 reverted to 520 installed. 4000 miles since, works fantastically, one of the best features is ER , lock car if you wish in ER mode will add up to 25 miles in hour of running. Not sure what fuel burn in an hour at that idle speed but I would think fairly minimal. Somebody has probably figured it out by now. Also if you get the TOM module as noted in a previous comment on site, if you want to hold or add miles in town for instance , running in EV mode as opposed to ER much smoother, quieter , does not surge to same degree. On highway ER works just fine and wind noise cancels out more of engine noise. Just my 2 Cents. SS
I had a similar experience and to date it works pretty well - i do like that fact that the engine noise is much less ER mode then in sport -- that a big plus for me.
__________________
Karma Ecosport eclipse / dune
Nin ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Default

. The main difference is that BL535 will shut the car off if its left running in charge(ER) mode with TOM. Does that mean "IF LEFT RUNNING IN DRIVEWAY GOING NO WHERE" .
I have driven 25 miles in ER and than stealth when near home and when shut car off put in stealth first.
carnutdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
Fabulist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 4,659
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss89 View Post
Not sure what fuel burn in an hour at that idle speed but I would think fairly minimal. Somebody has probably figured it out by now.
I have used a OBDII scanner and engine monitoring software to measure it, and fuel burn rate for stationary charging is just under 1 gal/Hr.

Measuring the extra fuel burn while driving in ER Mode is a bit trickier, but that also appears to be around the same amount on top of whatever you happen to be using to move the car (that’s why its tricky to measure. I had to keep switching between Sport mode and ER mode and measure the difference.)

Hope this helps.

Fab.
__________________
-- Fab.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dash Cam Installation shrowell Fisker Karma Modifications 8 12-19-2017 07:31 PM
TOM for 2012 Karma Stefan Fisker Karma 12 05-13-2016 08:56 AM
Xpel / Clearbra film installation bigdaddyo811 Fisker Karma 10 03-14-2012 05:42 PM
Professional Electrical installation $$ EVer1 Charging and Chargers 3 03-12-2012 04:36 PM
Tom Lasorda on production numbers, profitability and the DOE loan dennis The Fisker Lounge 4 02-29-2012 08:58 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.