Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/)
-   Fisker Karma Modifications (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/27-fisker-karma-modifications/)
-   -   FiskerPhillys project Tesla powered Karma (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/27-fisker-karma-modifications/40179-fiskerphillys-project-tesla-powered-karma.html)

FiskerPhilly 07-28-2018 10:35 AM

FiskerPhillys project Tesla powered Karma
 
Hey folks as promised we have begun cutting into our Karma to power it with a modded p85 rear drive unit. While i wont have time to update much here on the forum you are welcome to follow it on Facebook. My apologies to those who arent on FB but its the easiest way for me to update.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...16944458500667

Nin ja 07-30-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiskerPhilly (Post 321889)
Hey folks as promised we have begun cutting into our Karma to power it with a modded p85 rear drive unit. While i wont have time to update much here on the forum you are welcome to follow it on Facebook. My apologies to those who arent on FB but its the easiest way for me to update.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...16944458500667

Joe, I'm so excited , since I missed your karmafest , i'll be making a special trip to visit you some time in fall -- I hope to get eyes on your project !!!

FiskerPhilly 08-06-2018 08:30 PM

Couple of pics of the fabrication work
 
3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 12837

Attachment 12839

Attachment 12841Heres a couple pics of the Karma frame being retrofitted for the Tesla p85 drive unit.

buzinvest 08-06-2018 11:48 PM

Great pics here and on FB.
Thx!

Nin ja 08-07-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiskerPhilly (Post 322119)
Attachment 12837

Attachment 12839

Attachment 12841Heres a couple pics of the Karma frame being retrofitted for the Tesla p85 drive unit.

Are you putting two telsa motor in the rear? what do you expect for torque on set up ? what is your estimate for acceleration with the current weight? are you also swapping out the batteries and inverted to a 6.6 ?

Fabulist 08-07-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nin ja (Post 322149)
Are you putting two telsa motor in the rear? what do you expect for torque on set up ? what is your estimate for acceleration with the current weight? are you also swapping out the batteries and inverted to a 6.6 ?

I think that's a single motor. The other enclosure is the integrated inverter, which is why the existing inverters are no longer needed and can be removed.

carnutdr 08-07-2018 07:11 PM

Amazing

flsupraguy 09-01-2018 05:53 AM

I sooo want to do this someday.

flsupraguy 12-20-2018 01:18 PM

Hows this coming along?

FiskerPhilly 12-20-2018 03:44 PM

Still plugging along. Waiting on the custom made conversion axle shafts. Being heat treated to handle the Tesla torque. Should have a bench mock up of the drivetrain soon


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.