Car Cover - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Car Cover

Ideally Fisker would ship a branded car cover with a transparent top (for the solar panel) when you bought your car. However, since they don't have this as an option I'm interested in any feedback any of you have with your car covers (or pointers to said threads). (I live in South Florida, which gets both very hot and very rainy...)

Spathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Default RE: Car Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spathi
Ideally Fisker would ship a branded car cover with a transparent top (for the solar panel) when you bought your car. However, since they don't have this as an option I'm interested in any feedback any of you have with your car covers (or pointers to said threads). (I live in South Florida, which gets both very hot and very rainy...)
There has been some discussion about this topic, primarily in this thread, but also in other threads that you can find using the "Search" function. The current consensus appears to be that Karma's paint may not take too kindly to a cover but there does not appear to be an official statement from Fisker on this one way or another.
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

You have to go with the indoor black cover! take a look at the attached picture. Kudos to Marvin K Brown Fisker in San Diego for the great service and awesome recommend on the car cover. This is only a dust cover for inside the garage, but the quality is incredible. Fits like a Lambo cover and hugs the curves like a swimsuit. Maybe a little looser than that but not much. You'll like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Go with the Black.JPG (2.92 MB, 28 views)
Deep Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Do's and Don't of a car cover are addressed in the Owners Manual in the care and cleaning section in maintenance. You may want to contact your dealer to see if there is an approved cover.
Al J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al J
Do's and Don't of a car cover are addressed in the Owners Manual in the care and cleaning section in maintenance. You may want to contact your dealer to see if there is an approved cover.
There are two 'official' and endorsed covers. There's an indoor cover and an outdoor cover. They include such Fisker-specific features as cutouts or mesh ports over ventilation openings, and an openable flap at the charger to allow charging while covered. They are cut to fit the Karma and have the Fisker logo too. Your dealership can provide more information and order them.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Got mine from the dealership and its official. Mine doesn't have the cutouts, which is a great idea, but the quality is definitely there and I'm a happy customer!
Deep Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage

I got mine from Fisker of Orange County. I presume its one of the 'official' covers, but am not sure.

SoCalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Looks awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Ocean
You have to go with the indoor black cover! take a look at the attached picture. Kudos to Marvin K Brown Fisker in San Diego for the great service and awesome recommend on the car cover. This is only a dust cover for inside the garage, but the quality is incredible. Fits like a Lambo cover and hugs the curves like a swimsuit. Maybe a little looser than that but not much. You'll like it.
lori is offline   Reply With Quote