Fisker Buzz Forums banner

24 Inch Wipers Blades.... get another inch

17K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  Discordian 
#1 ·
Sometimes in life you need another inch. I found Duralast Flex Blade 24 inch wipers at AutoZone. They fit the arms perfectly, and provide another inch at the top measure of the wiper travel. That seems to be about the max that will fit the arms. The left wiper will reside just under the arm, but there is no downward pressure on the wiper blade to the windshield. The right wiper fits perfectly and adds peripheral vision to right side. There is no interferance during the full travel.

There may be other 24 inch wipers that fit, but this one seems to fit without issues. So if you are looking for an extra inch, it may work.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Wiper-Blade/_/N-8gcw1?filterByKeyWord=dlf-24&fromString=search&isSearchByPartNumber=true

#20 ·
Those Costco wipers are on sale for $5 in September - I bought before and they came with attachments for all types of wiper arms. Did anyone else try these Goodyear wipers, and in 24"?

The oem wipers are comically small, so even though they aren't worn I think I want to replace them.

#10 ·
WOJO... I looked at a number of Wiper Blades available at several stores. I decided NOT to try one with attachements do to potential complications, and appearence. So when I found this one, with no attachments that clearly fit the U-arms, I gave one blade a try and then installed the second. The part number I used only comes up as AutoZone. I would only be guessing about any other blades... I could not find the manufacturer of the OEM ones on the Karma. The Autozone's are able to be ordered on line, if there is no store in your area.

#23 ·
The link mentioned in the earlier posts is dead, and I just bought Bosch 24A ICON Wiper Blade - 24" from Amazon that appear to fit fine, in case someone is looking for a current options. Of course, as soon as I fitted the new blades, the torrential downpour in SF stopped. Will report on performance later, but for now, the longer blades wipe fine with no interference.

24'' blades fit fine on both sides, but I think the driver side blade could even be a tad longer, 26'' or maybe even 28''. For the passenger side, 24'' appears to be the limit.

#27 ·
Hi guys,

careful!

I ordered 24inch by bosch as described... but since I had to order from the US I just ordered 2x24inch and 2x22inch just to be sure.

my luck!

the 24inch goes right but on the left it was too long, got a little stuck and made noises
now I use 22inch left and 24 inch right

Good I wanted to have a better deal due to the shipping costs.

Best
Christoph

P.S. -> https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-24A-Wiper-Blade-Longer/dp/B005JU5VUK

#29 ·
The rainy season in the bay area is hitting so I decided it was a good time to replace my wipers. I used the Bosch 24A ICON Wiper Blade - 24" mentioned earlier and they fit perfectly. Definitely better then the 22"s I had on.

You could possibly go with a longer one on the drivers side, but I don't recommend going any longer on the passenger side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.