Photos of Karmas with window tint? - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Default Photos of Karmas with window tint?

If you've gotten your Karma windows tinted, can you post some photos here and let us know what level and brand of tint you've put (e.g. 3M crystalline 40)?

Would be good to see a sample (I'm debating what level of tint I want, e.g. dark tint on rear windows, light on front, clear on windshield, etc).
SoCalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Default RE: Photos of Karmas with window tint?

SoCalGuy, going to look at one tomorrow at the local dealer. I'm going to get the 3M on the front and rocker panels next week, but still undecided on the tint. I'll get some pics and post them.
Deep Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Ocean
SoCalGuy, going to look at one tomorrow at the local dealer. I'm going to get the 3M on the front and rocker panels next week, but still undecided on the tint. I'll get some pics and post them.
Thanks - I talked to my dealer yesterday about the clear bra by 3M. I'm definitely going to get the window tint, just not sure how dark yet (3M crystalline). On the clear bra, leaning toward just getting the front bumper (no hood) and rockers. Seems like the hood and front/rear fenders might be overkill.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I leaned towards the whole hood so I would not have the line across the front. Now that I have my back fenders done, the line is noticeable especially when it gets dusty. I think if it is not too much more, the whole hood is a better option
bigdaddyo811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyo811
I leaned towards the whole hood so I would not have the line across the front. Now that I have my back fenders done, the line is noticeable especially when it gets dusty. I think if it is not too much more, the whole hood is a better option
What I was thinking was just to clear bra the whole front bumper area to where it naturally has a break (e.g. the line between the bumper and the hood, where the hood hinges up) - that way you'd not see any line since the clear bra would tuck under/into the natural panel seams.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Just got my car back from the installer. They did the Xpel clear bra for me. I had the front bumper,full hood, mirrors, rear impact zone done and rocker panels. I also had the impact area of the front fender and rear door done. The seam on the front fender is visible but minimally. I may elect in the future to have the whole panal done up to the front door if the seam starts to bother me. I would do the entire hood. I was told that the 3M film is not wide enough to do the entire hood in one shot. I don't know if this is true or not. I went with Xpel ultimate self-healing film because it could cover the entire hood and the obvious benefits of self-healing.

Jeff
ixtractm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

just FYI #M has templates for the entire car so no seams at all except one small one on the rear fender
Sportsmeddoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
doc

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I actually got my windows tinted dark on rear and medium dark front. Looks pretty darn dark. But still really nice (fits really well with the dark roof. At first I thought I am asking for a ticket, but I think if I went any lighter it wouldn't have been as nice. ) I would post pics but the cars been at the dealer going on its second week waiting for 6.15. I will be sure to post as soon as I get it back.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

i am thinking of tinting my windows since getting tired of being watched at every stop.
Since its illegal to do the side frontwindows here a installer said you could do the passengers complete black and the front not so dark and the police wouldnt notice.

have you also tinted the back window? will not the view back get even worse?
Old 04-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I have a Black Standard, and I had all the windows done with the 40 tint which looks great and does not seem to dark at all from the inside. I also debadged the car and added tinted film to the orange reflectors on the rear corners. I think it improves the look of the car, and the lines. The windows are now more part of the lines of the car. I also plan on covering the chrome handles and chrome accents at the headlights as well. I will post a picture when done.
Arch fisker is offline   Reply With Quote