Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - First major repair update
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 10:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
GoNC

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Default First major repair update

I finally did it! After lightning damaged my Karma's ability to charge awhile back, leaving me with the dreaded CE light instead of the speedometer, I finally made the trip to get it fixed :-D

Let me reiterate, I'm in North Carolina. The closest dealership to me is technically Georgia, but they gave me an estimated time of repair of "about a month"! That's a long time to leave your car sitting and driving a rental. Fisker of Cherry Hill (FiskerPhilly) gave me a much more acceptable estimate of "a day or two", so I made the drive to him.

That really says something for the Fisker, really. Even after being struck by lightning, I had no real problem making the 10-hour trip. I can't say that driving around Philly with a big car is a very pleasant experience, but other than that... uneventful.

True to his word, Joe (FiskerPhilly) and Brinton were able to get the job done in record time! He also replaced my central exhaust, replaced a failed module that wouldn't balance, and updated my CIU to the latest software, all within 2 1/2 days! Not to mention the fact that Brinton made a special trip to come pick up my car at the hotel late in the evening, so that I wouldn't have to fight the traffic myself (that's what you call "going way beyond the call of duty").

On top of that, they worked quickly and diligently with my insurance company (Erie), who was also surprisingly accommodating.

So now, yea for me! I finally have my speedometer back, and I'm basically driving a brand new car again :-) Thanks, Joe!

Next up... paint job in the Spring to fix that irritating road rash :-P
GoNC is offline   Reply With Quote