Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/)
-   Owners' Garage (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/26-owners-garage/)
-   -   Fisker Key blade (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/26-owners-garage/40887-fisker-key-blade.html)

KAMF 08-16-2019 04:42 PM

Fisker Key blade

1 Attachment(s)
Question - I just took delivery of a 2012 Karma and while I got three remotes with the car, only on has the blade with it. Does anyone know where to get a blank blade? I don't care really if it works, I just want a "complete" key.

Harleyguy 08-16-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAMF (Post 326511)
Question - I just took delivery of a 2012 Karma and while I got three remotes with the car, only on has the blade with it. Does anyone know where to get a blank blade? I don't care really if it works, I just want a "complete" key.

You can buy a lock set it comes with two blades and a new passenger door lock you should really have another way to get into the car if your battery or your remote fails

KAMF 08-16-2019 05:54 PM

Thanks, your point is well taken about getting in the car if something fails. My intent is to use the key I have with the blade that came with the car for daily driving. For the spare, I was hoping there is a blank blade I can get and have it cut for the current lock set.

Harleyguy 08-17-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAMF (Post 326517)
Thanks, your point is well taken about getting in the car if something fails. My intent is to use the key I have with the blade that came with the car for daily driving. For the spare, I was hoping there is a blank blade I can get and have it cut for the current lock set.

Once a blank key is cut it canít be cut again. The only way to duplicate a key is having a blank which Fisker never had.

KAMF 08-20-2019 01:41 PM

Agree - that is what I was asking - can you get a blank blade. In looking at it, I think the way to proceed would be to buy the kit that comes with two blades and a new lock (there's one on Ebay for $199) and swap the lock cylinder.

Or, given that the blade can be removed from the piece (where your key ring can attach) that locks to the FOB (there is a small roll pin that retains the blade) - just have a blade machined to match the one I have.

I'll have a look at the car to see how much of a pain it is to swap the barrel; have to buy the kit either way...

FiskerPhilly 08-24-2019 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAMF (Post 326547)
Agree - that is what I was asking - can you get a blank blade. In looking at it, I think the way to proceed would be to buy the kit that comes with two blades and a new lock (there's one on Ebay for $199) and swap the lock cylinder.

Or, given that the blade can be removed from the piece (where your key ring can attach) that locks to the FOB (there is a small roll pin that retains the blade) - just have a blade machined to match the one I have.

I'll have a look at the car to see how much of a pain it is to swap the barrel; have to buy the kit either way...

I was just informed that Karma Automotive has NO more lock sets for Fisker Karma and they will not be getting more. EVER. The Revero key fob is different. So for now we are all out of luck for keys. As @Harleyguy said this was the only way to get a key. I am in contact with Ilco, the worlds largest key supplier about getting blanks to insert, however the hook part that latches into the fob will need to be reproduced. I am researching options. Stay tuned. For now everyone HOLD onto your keys for dear life!