Missing Screw or Missing Something?? - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2018, 07:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Default Missing Screw or Missing Something??

Hope all you guys are driving 10 & 2 and within the speed limit.

Thanks for the time!

Today I was driving home and was heading a good radle noise from the fan. When I turned the AC on I hear the noise and when the engine fan comes on the noise comes on.

I opened the hood and I see a screw or something is missing?? (Please look at the picture) I tried looking on the other side to see if there’s a match but, can’t seem to find what’s missing. Passenger side btw.

Thanks for help and safe travels
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1528415476525.jpg (99.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg image_1528415503071.jpg (103.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg image_1528415528406.jpg (101.3 KB, 30 views)
Reneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

If you don’t get a response, I’ll check mine out tomorrow.
Silver Wind EcoChic, Glacier Life Hemisphere Interior (#0358)
EasyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
If you don’t get a response, I’ll check mine out tomorrow.
Great! A picture would be great of the similar area.

I am able to move the fan back a forth slightly (where you see in the picture of the screw that is missing).

Also, it’s NOT when the AC kicks on. It’s when the cooling fans kick on for the engine that I hear the slight noise. It sounds like something is loose or bent or the fan is hitting something slightly when it kicks on.

I did reach out to The Harley Guy 🤞 His Like the Superman for Karmas. Any pics or insight will help!

Thanks guys.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reneb View Post

Thanks for the time!

Today I was driving home and was heading a good radle noise from the fan. When I turned the AC on I hear the noise and when the engine fan comes on the noise comes on.

I opened the hood and I see a screw or something is missing?? (Please look at the picture) I tried looking on the other side to see if thereís a match but, canít seem to find whatís missing. Passenger side btw.

Sounds like your main cooling fan blades are coming apart. As far as the "missing" screw all the Fisker's I have seen are the same and I don't believe anything goes there. Have some one put your car on a lift and look at the center cooling fan blades from underneath. If so you will need to replace the assembly.
Andrew O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew O View Post
Quote:

Thanks for the time!

I opened the hood and I see a screw or something is missing?? (Please look at the picture) I tried looking on the other side to see if there’s a match but, can’t seem to find what’s missing. Passenger side btw.

Sounds like your main cooling fan blades are coming apart. As far as the "missing" screw all the Fisker's I have seen are the same and I don't believe anything goes there. Have some one put your car on a lift and look at the center cooling fan blades from underneath. If so you will need to replace the assembly.
Yes, I am doing this within the next few hrs as there’s a local shop here in Orlando that works on exotic cars.

If indeed it’s the middle fan blade or a blade at that matter, what’s the replacement link for the fan? Any help would be great!
Old 06-09-2018, 10:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Yes, I am doing this within the next few hrs as thereís a local shop here in Orlando that works on exotic cars.

If indeed itís the middle fan blade or a blade at that matter, whatís the replacement link for the fan? Any help would be great!
It's a GM fan part # 19130227, you can source from any GM dealer. Make sure they look at the coolant levels for the Engine (drivers side tank) and that it has the proper amount of coolant and also orange in color ( no brown or clear looking) if so have them do a drain, flush and fill.
Andrew O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew O View Post
Quote:
Yes, I am doing this within the next few hrs as there’s a local shop here in Orlando that works on exotic cars.

If indeed it’s the middle fan blade or a blade at that matter, what’s the replacement link for the fan? Any help would be great!
It's a GM fan part # 19130227, you can source from any GM dealer. Make sure they look at the coolant levels for the Engine (drivers side tank) and that it has the proper amount of coolant and also orange in color ( no brown or clear looking) if so have them do a drain, flush and fill.
Thanks Andrew you the man. Heading there now and I’ll keep you posted on the outcome.