But correction? Windows and cruise - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2018, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Default But correction? Windows and cruise

I started my karma today and noticed my front passenger and driver side windows will not engage when I go to roll them down. The back windows operate just fine. I also noticed at the same time that my new button and cruise control toggle stopped working. I imagine these are related; has anyone experience this or have recommendations?
SoloKae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Do a hard re-boot and see what happens. Bet you it'll fix it.
Signature Edition Karma #72
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
Do a hard re-boot and see what happens. Bet you it'll fix it.
So--did the hard reboot (the 2nd attempt). My cruise control toggle now turns the stereo on mute, actual cruise and mute therfore don't function, and front driver and passenger windows still won't go down. On the flip side, my mirrors are suddenly auto folding when I lock the car (that feature hasn't worked in a month).

I dunno...maybe ANOTHER hard reboot? So strange and was hoping someone had an alike issue. Will check connectors on the VCM should that have a possibility of impacting this type of behavior--just a pain in the a** to remove that thing.

Any other recommendations, let me know!

Old 04-02-2018, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloKae View Post
So--did the hard reboot (the 2nd attempt). My cruise control toggle now turns the stereo on mute, actual cruise and mute therfore don't function, and front driver and passenger windows still won't go down. On the flip side, my mirrors are suddenly auto folding when I lock the car (that feature hasn't worked in a month).

I dunno...maybe ANOTHER hard reboot? So strange and was hoping someone had an alike issue. Will check connectors on the VCM should that have a possibility of impacting this type of behavior--just a pain in the a** to remove that thing.

Did you go through your settings? The folding mirrors is an option. What rev are you on 520, 530, 535?

I would look at fuses, maybe you have a blown fuse.
Lovely Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomak View Post
Quote:

Did you go through your settings? The folding mirrors is an option. What rev are you on 520, 530, 535?

I would look at fuses, maybe you have a blown fuse.
Looked at Fuses and nada? Believe I am on 530 after installing the TOM module, but would need to check with CSP that did the work.

I’m going to crawl under the steering column tonight and remove the VCM and check the connectors since that was replaced? No clue why front windows won’t function while back windows would? The #12 fuse would have made sense if all windows were not functional since it’s dedicated to it, but did a hard reboot again and still the same thing.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Believe I am on 530 after installing the TOM module, but would need to check with CSP that did the work.
Ouch! the sole reason I don't buy a TOM. I don't trust the installers to do the work. They messed something up, call @PowerSource
Lovely Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)

Quote:

Quote:
Ouch! the sole reason I don't buy a TOM. I don't trust the installers to do the work. They messed something up, call @PowerSource
TOM is installed on the other side of the vehicle and does not have anything to do with VCM

It is likely the OP's VCM got wet.

See this post, you should check the connector and see if there is any water intrusion. All these functions are on the same connector, at the vcm

https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/14-...tml#post313778
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
Quote:

Quote:
TOM is installed on the other side of the vehicle and does not have anything to do with VCM

It is likely the OP's VCM got wet.

See this post, you should check the connector and see if there is any water intrusion. All these functions are on the same connector, at the vcm

https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/14-...tml#post313778
Replied in an alternative thread, but so it is in both places for the future greater good, I checked the connector on the VCM, IP2. Took out, no sign of condensation, plugged back in. Mute button works now, have not gone for a drive but “assume” cruise will work since those buttons were entirely dead just prior. But—front windows are still frozen and unresponsive (back windows still operating).

The front driver side window stuck slightly ajar, appearing like it stopped working just after opening the door (when the window drops just a bit upon opening the door to exit or enter). Aside from a small amount of cabin noise and not being able to order a drive through soda, it isn’t terrible but definitely not ideal. I thought about trying to see if the key fob to roll all windows down would work, but my concern is if I can’t roll them back up? If that happened, can I manually get the window back up? Otherwise, stuck in the down position is a much worse issue.

Thanks, Forum! Appreciate the feedback.